Dear Vivvie #5
Dear Vivvie,
Yes, this letter is over a week late again. But, this time I have a valid excuse. We have been hanging out on the beach in Carlsbad, California for the past week & I didn't have access to a computer. The vacation was so fun! I'll write about it in a later post, so you can know all about your very first vacation. But, just know that you were the best traveling baby the world has ever seen! See this smile...
That smile was plastered on your face the entire vacation. You rarely cried, even through all the hours upon hours we spent in the car getting there & coming back! You were literally an angel baby the entire time!
You loved the ocean! We took you out in the waves & you just stared in amazement. We thought the waves would scare you...especially when Daddy didn't see a big one coming and it smacked you right in the face, but you just smiled through the entire thing. And, let me tell you girl, you know how to ROCK a bikini! Wait until you see the pictures!!! So stinkin' cute! Is there anything cuter in this world than baby rolls squished into a teeny weeny pink ruffled bikini?!? I think not! I can't even count how many people at the beach stopped & told us how darling you looked. You're already stopping people in their tracks!
We did a little bit of shopping at the Carlsbad Outlet Mall while we were down there. You were a great shopping buddy! I'd hold outfits up to you in your stroller & ask you if you liked them. You just grinned & cooed, so I took that as a yes & ended up spending way too much. I definitely have a weakness for baby dresses & shoes, that's all I've got to say...
You are really becoming a social butterfly! You love to be held by anyone & you smile at everyone who even glances at you. You absolutely adore attention & are pretty easy to please...
Your newest developments this month are grabbing at anything within arms reach. Aunt Sosha (Ashlee) gave you one of Ella's old toys. It's a mat that has toys hanging above it. You love that thing & will grab at and kick the toys for hours at a time...
You are now becoming mobile as well. No, you're not scooting yet. Your favorite means of transportation is to roll to your destination. It's kind of funny to watch. And, if anything gets in your way, you basically have a meltdown. You are one determined little girl when you want to get somewhere.
You also love to watch TV. Yes, unfortunately, you have been introduced to the boob tube early in your life, thanks to your brothers. I don't think I've ever known a baby that was so mesmerized by the TV at your age. Your favorite shows are "Max & Ruby", "The Fresh Beat Band" and "iCarly". Haha!
We have given you rice cereal a couple of times now. Let's just say your not much of a fan yet, but I'm sure it will grow on you...
Your brothers still love & adore you to pieces, and you are still easy going about all the prodding, poking & pulling they do to you on a daily basis.
Dad is head over heels in love with you. His face lights up every time you smile...which is all the time, so your Daddy pretty much has a perma-grin on his face.
I love you so much! It is so much fun to have a daughter! You have become the sunshine of our family over the past five months! FIVE MONTHS!!! I can't believe it has been five months already. You are growing too fast! Can't you do something about that? I am so grateful that you were given to our family! I love you! --Mommy






5 comments:
She was definitely an angel baby the entire time! Love you, Vivvie Girl!!
So darn cute! What a fun contrast to all the "boy stuff!"
At the beach, she looked great in her pink bikini!
She gets cuter every time I see pictures...and I didn't think that was possible because she was SO cute to begin with!!
Holy moly...could she be any cuter???? I love this idea!!! And so impressed at how you've kept up on doing it! I often make goals like this and then that old follow-through nips me in the bud :).
Post a Comment