Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Aiden's First Day of Kindergarten

The Aidenator started his journey through the public education system yesterday! Seriously, how is it possible that he is a Kindergartner already? He was so excited to finally be going to "the big kid school"...and to wear his Spongebob backpack. Here he is outside his classroom door waiting to go inside...


When we got inside, the teacher instructed the kids to find the seat that had their name on it & start reading a book. Aiden did what he was told, but when I tried to get a candid picture of him reading, he started cheesing at the camera again. I told him that I just wanted to get a picture of him reading, not smiling, & that he should just pretend like I wasn't taking a picture and try to look natural. This was the result...


Funny kiddo! I love this little man & I know he is going to have a great year! His teacher is Mrs. Parsons. One of my neighbors was Mrs. Parsons' teachers aid for part of last school year & she told me that she is a fabulous teacher. She gets down on the floor with the kids & just really shows them how much she loves them. That made me happy. Aiden has several good friends in his class too, which he's really excited about.

Aiden said he had a great first day! He told me that he learned about the class rules and "a bunch of other stuff." He also told me how awesome it was to finally have recess! The preschool my kids attend doesn't do recess, so it was a first for him! But, he did say that he can't wait to be in 1st Grade so that he can play on the big playset, instead of just the Kindergarten one. He's already wishing his life away. Haha! I think he'll have a great year.

Now that Aiden has started school, it means that all the boys are at school at the same time two mornings a week. That means I only have one child for two mornings a week! Vivvie & I had a splendid time at the grocery store all by ourselves! She enjoyed looking at all the brightly colored boxes & cans. I enjoyed being able to shop in peace without hearing, "Mom! We NEED this" every 2 seconds. It was heavenly! Life is so easy with just one child! I wish I could go back in time about 8 years, when I thought my life was SO HARD, & tell myself that.

This school year is going to be a tricky one. I have three kids at two different schools with three different schedules. First Connor goes to school, then Cohen goes to school one hour after that, then Aiden goes to school 15 minutes later, then Cohen needs to be picked up 2 hours after that, then Aiden needs to be picked up 45 minutes later, & then Connor comes home 2 hours and 15 minutes after that. It makes my head spin just thinking about it! If you need to find me anytime in the next 9 months, I would check my car first!--Lindsay

4 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

I'm glad that Aiden and Luke are in the same class! Aiden will need to keep Luke in check...

Armstrong Family said...

WOW! I remember you were preggo with Aiden when we moved to Eagles Gate. Time flies for sure! So much fun to see other children grow up right along with mine-although one of mine needs to take a break from growing for a while! : )

Scott and Karin said...

I LOVE Aiden's "candid" picture! Hilarious!

Poppy said...

Sounds like a great teacher for Aiden!