Our Trip to Carlsbad: Day 2
On our second day, we made the long drive from Mesquite to Carlsbad, but we decided to stop in Las Vegas on the way. See, Kristin & Dan got this crazy idea in their head that they wanted to jump off of this...
Yes, they wanted to do the "Death Drop" off the Stratosphere. And, somehow, they convinced Mike to do it too...
It is the tallest sky jump in the world. You basically freefall at about 45 miles per hour for 900 feet! Then the cables slow you down at the end & you land gracefully on the landing pad. CRAZY!!! Kristin was the first to go. Here she is right after she jumped off the platform. You can barely see her. She's that little speck to the right of the stratosphere...
Yay, she survived...
Next Dan jumped. Here's his speck picture...
Another survival...
Then it was Mike's turn. You better believe I was checking my life insurance policies on him before he jumped! ;)
Yay! I still have a husband...
If you'd like to see videos of them doing their sky jumps, here are the youtube links. Kristin's isn't very good because I didn't have my camera pointed high enough in the sky. It was really hard to see when they jumped because we were staring into the sun.
All of them said it was amazing. So, if you're a daredevil, go for it! I've gone bungie jumping & some other crazy stuff in my life, so I thought about doing it. But, then I decided I had better things to do with $110 than jump off a building!
After that, we stopped at the pawn shop where they film the TV show "Pawn Stars". Several family members wanted to see it. I haven't ever seen the show, so I wasn't all that excited about it. Just looked like a normal pawn shop to me...except for the line waiting to get in the door.
After that, it was on to Carlsbad. Three traffic jams & about 5 hours later, we finally made it. Here's a picture of the house we stayed in. Isn't it beautiful?
I think I mentioned it before, but it's only a block from the beach! HEAVEN!!! Everyone was ready to go to the beach before we were even unpacked. So, we all headed down there in our clothes just to sit & watch the sunset. But, do you think our crazy kiddos could avoid the water? Heck no! They ran straight into the waves...clothes & all. I wish I had pictures of it, but like I said, we ran down there before even unpacking the cars, so I didn't bring the camera. It was an awesome day! Nothing like watching the sunset on the beach! --Lindsay






1 comment:
As I recall Cohey was the first to get soaked...since he hadn't figured out that at the ocean, the water comes to you!
Post a Comment