Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baseball Season 2011

Baseball Season ended right before we went on vacation. It was a great season...but a busy one. Both Connor and Aiden did baseball this year which meant our lives belonged to baseball for 8 weeks. Connor had two practices a week, plus one to two games a week. Aiden had one practice a week, plus one to two games a week. Yep, we basically lived at the baseball field.

Connor was in Machine Pitch this year...


I was so mad about Connor's attire in this picture. We were running late that day, so I just told him to go get his baseball uniform on. Well, he apparently forgot his baseball pants & just put on jean shorts instead. He had worn his baseball pants to every game of the season, but then he forgets and puts on jean shorts...ON PICTURE DAY! Haha! I guess I should take some blame too. I didn't realize he wasn't in full uniform until we were standing in line for the pictures. Oh well.

This was a great season for Connor! Machine Pitch is the first year that they use the actual baseball rules--with outs, strike outs, stealing bases, etc. Connor really improved & even hit two homeruns toward the end of the season. He's still our switch hitter, going back & forth from batting right to batting left. He still prefers to bat right though...even though he does 95% of things with his left hand. I swear we took pictures of him playing, but now we can't find them anywhere. We also have video of him hitting his first homerun of the season, but since I want to print my blog into books someday, I decided to leave it off. But, Connor, when you want to show your future kids some video of you hitting a homerun, just know that it's in our home movies somewhere.

His coaches & team mates were great. Here they are doing one last cheer together...


And here's the little slugger with his award for the season...


Great job Connor!

As I mentioned before, Aiden played baseball this year too. It was his first year & he played T-ball...


Most of the time, Aiden was more interested in things like talking to his team mates & wearing his mitt like a hat, rather than actually playing the game. But, he had a great time...


When Aiden hits the ball, he loves to nail it! This kid swings soooooooo hard when hitting the ball...


He also had a great season. His coaches were fabulous & his team mates were really fun to watch...


Here's Aiden with him medal...


So that's a brief rundown of this year's baseball season! I should also mention that Cohen & Vivienne loved going to the games as well! Cohen played on the playground most the time & Vivvie just sat & smiled...


Next sport is Flag Football. Should be fun! Neither of the boys have played before, so we'll see how they do. It starts this fall. Until then, I'll enjoy a brief break from practices & games. --Lindsay

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Flag football, Junior Jazz, wrestling, baseball, soccer? Do parents and kids ever get a break? (I think its a conspiracy by the car companies to wear out cars by running non-stop to practices and games!)

LeAnn said...

Cute pictures! We had fun at baseball this year too, although we didn't have nearly as many practices as you.