Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More Summertime Fun

School started today for Connor & Cohen. Aiden doesn't start until next week because Kindergarten always starts a week later than everyone else, so they have time to do an assessment with each of the kids. It makes me sad that school has started already! It seems like this summer flew by at lightning speed. I was going to do my 1st day of school post today, but I still have some summer stuff that hasn't been blogged about. And, since summertime stuff makes me happier than thinking about school, routines & homework, I decided I'm going to finish up our summer activities in the next few posts & then move on to the first day of school. So, it's still summertime as far as I'm concerned...at least on my blog.

One of our neighbors has the most incredible backyard. They have a pool (with a waterfall cascading into it), a hot tub, a sports court, a firepit, etc. Here's a picture I took, but it doesn't do it justice. It is amazing...


Luckily for us, they are nice enough to open their backyard up to the neighborhood quite often. They do an open swim for the moms & kids every Monday & Wednesday afternoons in the summer, and they are always showing outdoor movies in their sports court. Since three of my four children aren't confident swimmers yet, I've been a tad hesitant to take them to the open swim during the afternoon. I'm scared to death that I'll lose sight of one of them & then find them at the bottom of the pool. Seriously...my worst nightmare. So, I haven't ventured out to open swim yet. But, about a week ago, they decided to move open swim from Monday afternoon to Monday evening, so that the Dads could have a chance to swim too. I jumped all over that because watching three non-swimmers seemed a lot more achievable with two parents instead of one. So, we headed over there for a little fun with the neighbors...


The kids hung out in the hot tub a lot...


And they loved going down the little waterslide & jumping off the diving board...


It was so much fun! There were so many fun neighbors there & we had a blast swimming, chatting & playing together! I'm really hoping to get to open swim more next summer. Hopefully, after another session of swimming lessons, Aiden will be swimming unassisted, which would leave me with only 2 non-swimming kids. That seems a little more doable to me. It's weird to talk about next summer already...it seems so far away. But, if life keeps flying by like it has been lately, next summer will here before I know it! Thanks Paul & Cindy for sharing all your toys with all of us! You are so sweet! --Lindsay

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

What a fun back yard! I would love a pool. If it would maintain itself.

I'm sad that summer is over too but things were starting to get a little crazy around here so I'm happy that school is here too.

Poppy said...

Wow! What a pool...don't be surprised if Cohey tries to keep up with his big brothers.

Kristin and Dan said...

Can they be my neighbor too?

Kristy said...

That's someone's backyard?! Unbelievable! I'm sad about some things with summer being over, but mostly I can't wait for cooler weather and different activities!