Curse You, Ice Cream Man
See this picture...
This picture cost me $7.50. Seven dollars & fifty cents...for three ice creams. Ice cream that probably cost the ice cream man 50 cents.
I swear, the ice cream man comes to our neighborhood 2 or 3 times a week, and he ALWAYS seems to stop right in front of our house. We live right in front of a street that ends at a T in front of our house. Kids that live on that street always hear the ice cream man coming up our street & run up to the corner in front of our house to buy stuff from him. That means that his annoying little "Do Your Ears Hang Low" song plays over and over and OVER again right in front of my house. Of course, my kids hear it & then they HAVE to have some ice cream. Several times, I've suggested that we eat one of the many popsicles, ice cream sandwiches or fudge bars that are in our own freezer. Their reply? "Those ones don't taste as good as the ones from the ice cream man!" Sigh...
So, curse you ice cream man for charging me $2.50 for this stupid Batman ice cream pop that Cohen gets every time...
Although, I guess $2.50 is a small price to pay for a blue-stained smile like that. --Lindsay






9 comments:
I hate him too! If you're in the 'hood anytime this summer come and get creamies from our house for 50 cents. Annicka is selling them to earn money! Even with the cost of gas averaged in I don't think it'll cost you $7.50!
I guess there is one advantage to having few children in your neighborhood. I haven't heard one ice cream truck all summer. $7.50 WOW!
Cute pictures. :)
I totally agree... it's a rip-off! I started telling the boys they could get treats from the ice cream man, but they had to use their own hard-earned money. It only took one time of depleting their entire money stashes, for one little ice cream, for them to realize that the ice cream man truly is a rip-off!
I think that the ice cream man has forgotten our neighborhood this year! I love the iPad post. Sometimes I would like to throw it out the window or run it over at our house. I never get a turn on it!!
We have 4(!!!!)ice cream trucks (and the creepier ice cream van) that are on a continuous loop in our neighborhood. We have yet to buy anything from them, so OP doesn't really know what they are yet. I plan to keep it that way for a L-O-N-G time! :)
I believe that cities should enforce their noise ordinances. No organ version of "Tie a Yellow Ribbon", no more problem!
You posted what we are all thinking! Such inflation on ice-cream! :) When "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" starts ringing in our neighborhood...I always try to turn the TV on and up really loud, so that the kids don't hear the tune. :)
And your almost-completed fire pit is amazing. It's going to be gorgeous. What a great addition to your yard!
I'm sure I will hate him soon enough. Stock-up on delicious treats in your freezer, and remind the kids there are better treats in the house. Could that work?
Post a Comment