A Weekend of Celebrations
We have had a weekend full of birthday celebrations! It started on Friday night with Connor's friends party. He decided he wanted to do a sleepover party. YIKES!!! We started out the night with pizza. Thank goodness for Resolve carpet cleaner (that's all I have to say)... Afterwards, we played some games and smashed a poor Optimus Prime pinata, and then it was on to presents. Connor was extremely spoiled by his friends...
The cake was actually pretty yummy. Again, thank goodness for Resolve!!! I'm going to buy stock in that company! With me as their customer, their earnings report must be through the roof!
Later that day, Mike's parents came & picked up Connor and Aiden and took them to Cornbelly's for the day. I guess they had a blast running through the corn maze & sliding down all the slides. While they were there, Mike, Cohen & I went to Dan's (my bro-in-law) rugby game against UVU. Unfortunately, Utah State lost...but it was still fun to watch. I love watching rugby...they basically just beat each other up & call it a game. One guy had a big gash in his forehead. He just wrapped his head and kept playing...CRAZY!!! Anyway, it was fun. Oh, and by the way, I don't have any pictures because I forgot my camera. After that, we met up with Mike's parents and took the kids to Toys 'R Us to go shopping for Connor's birthday (which is actually on Tuesday). We wanted to see what things he was interested in. Then, Mike distracted him while I "went to the bathroom"...and by "went to the bathroom", I mean "bought his presents and hid them in the back of the car". Afterwards, we all went to dinner at Golden Corral. Fun times!
Today, we held a birthday party for Connor & Mike (whose b-day is this upcoming Saturday) with my family. We ate dinner and then moved on to, what else, the presents...
Mike was spoiled too. And, he was given many "old man cards". Here he is imitating the guy on the cover of the card. It was too funny not to post!!!
Then, we moved on to the cake. I really, TRULY made the cake this time...I'm not even kidding. It was a banana cake. I got the recipe from my friend, MaryRuth. It was delicious! I'll have to post the recipe sometime. It was like banana bread...but cake...with this really yummy frosting. Delish...and easy to make! Hey, if I can do it, you KNOW that ANYONE can do it!
Today was also Cohen's 3 month birthday! 3 MONTHS!!! Holy cow! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! So, anyway, here's your update on our cute little man. He has decided that he is an extremely social person. He always wants to talk to the person who is nearest to him. Because of this, he has decided that sitting in his seat or laying on a blanket, while Mom gets something done, is not acceptable. Sitting in a seat is okay...but only if it is set on a countertop somewhere where he is only inches away from Mom's face. This works well while doing the dishes, but doesn't work so well for minor things such as...oh, taking a shower. Other than his constant need for a chatting companion, he is such a mild-mannered little kid. I just absolutely love him to pieces. I mean, how can you not? Look at that adorable face!!! --Lindsay






9 comments:
Happy birthday Con-Man! And Cohen is looking more like Lindsay every day (it must be the eyes). Love Poppy
Cohen really is a stud. Those eyes are out of this world, adorable! Good job!
SUCH cute pictures of my CoCo Bean!! I can't believe he is 3 months already! Thanks for having us over last night, it was fun!
You are one brave woman for having all those boys over at one time! And little Cohen is too cute!
such handsome boys again! You guys make em cute! What a fun party and that was a seriously cool cake!
I have to admit (and this is hard for me to do...) that Cohen is the cutest baby to ever be born into the Skousen family. He is SO stinkin cute, I could just steal him!
And thanks for the invite to the party. We had a great time!
sosha, didn't you know that I am the cutest Skousen baby?! Sheesh, I can't believe you forgot that! :)
Lindsay, you brave, BRAVE soul! Hosting so many boys/kids. Wow, you deserve a medal of honor! Happy Birthday Connor!
That pic of Aiden kissing Cohen is SOOO precious! I love how boys can be boys and yet still have a dash of an angelic personality in them!
Post a Comment