General Conference Brunch
Another fun General Conference weekend for the history books! As many of you know, my family has all sorts of fun traditions we do each general conference weekend. One of the favorites is the brunch my mom makes for the Sunday morning session. We always eat waffles, bacon & fruit. But, the best part is always the homemade syrup that goes on top of the waffles. It's delicious...in fact, we always joke that we wish we could just drink it straight from a glass. So, I've decided to share this yummy treat with all of you...
Patti's Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cube butter
1 cup whipping creme
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine the sugar, butter & whipping creme in a saucepan. Heat slowly to a boil. Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Put mixture in a blender. Blend for a minute or two then add the vanilla. Continue blending until syrup is frothy.
That's it! It's easy peasy lemon squeezy...even I can do it! --Lindsay






5 comments:
That sounds so good. I am a fan of good syrup.
yum! Definetly have to try that sometime! That's sounds like a fun tradition.
I hope the brethren approve of our family conference tradition. I wonder if they would come if invited? (Oh that's right, they're at conference...too bad, their loss!) Love Poppy
wow, what a fun family! I love that idea, think I might steal it! That recipe looks heavenly!
Haha that picture is great... Aiden looks pissed, Gavie looks like he's jumping all over the place, Ty Ty just looks like his usual smiley, hungry self, and Connor has turned into such a good SMILER! I was quite impressed with his Kingergarten picture, and this one is so cute too!
Post a Comment