UEA Weekend
We have had a fun-filled UEA Weekend (a long weekend to give comp days to the teachers). Here it is in pictures:
At dinner, I was absolutely spoiled by everyone with gifts galore...
I guess I should be offended that my husband gave me this next gift, but I was actually THRILLED about it! I've wanted a WiiFit since we got the Wii last spring, so I was super excited to finally get it... And, after all that, Mike pulled another surprise on me! He handed me a card...inside were tickets to the Dashboard Confessional/Panic at the Disco/Plain White T's concert that was happening that night! Holy cow! I was blown away! My mom told me that she was taking the boys to her house to watch them while we went & then my sister, Kristin, and her husband announced that they had tickets too & we were all going together! Holy guacamole!
The concert was awesome! We all agreed that Dashboard was our favorite...and, let's just admit it, Chris Carrabba is super HOT!!! (Almost as hot as you Mike!)
It was such a fun day! I can not believe that Mike was able to pull off so many surprises on me! They just kept coming and coming and coming! Love you Mike...thanks for making my first day in the 30s a great one!
FRIDAY
On Friday, we got out of dodge and continued our recently-created tradition of heading down to Moab for a long weekend. This year, not only did we go with my parents, but with Kristin & Dan too. Here's a picture of Kris & the big boys somewhere in Central Utah...Wellington, I think (potty break).
After the boys (well, men) got back, we all headed to Arches National Park for a little hiking. First up was Park Avenue...
After some hiking, we headed to one of our favorite places to eat, Pasta Joe's. Don't laugh at my hair...I didn't feel like redoing it after swimming. Plus, I fit right in with the Moab crowd...when in Rome, right?
After their 7 hour ride, we all decided to hike to Delicate Arch. We tried to do this hike last year, but a huge thunderstorm came up, so we only made it about 1/3rd of the way there. This year, we had beautiful blue skies the whole time & we actually made it up to the arch...
The boys did surprisingly well! In fact, Connor did the entire hike himself! Aiden took the easy road and was carried on shoulders most the way. And, even little Cohen made it up the 3 mile hike...courtesy of Jessica's Baby Bjorn.
Here's the whole fam enjoying the view...
And, some daring people (including Cohen...much to my dismay) actually walked under the arch. Scary...
After the hike, we stopped at a sand hill that is just off the main highway as you're heading into Moab. The boys had a great time climbing up it & rolling down...
Afterwards, we headed to one of the Mexican restaurants in town for dinner...
And, we even celebrated Poppy's birthday...
SUNDAY
The boys finished up the weekend with one last ride on Sunday morning...
Afterwards, we headed back to Arches for a few more hikes. First, we went to the Windows. Cohen came again...
And, the boys had a blast...
In fact, we ALL had a blast...
After the windows, we took the short hike over to Turrent Arch. Where the boys did some exploring...
While there, we managed to break several laws & rules... Our last hike of the day was to one of our favorite places, Sand Dune Arch. The kids (big and little) always like to climb up on top of it...again, breaking the rules...
Afterwards, Mike, Connor & Dan climbed up the narrow canyon next to sand dune arch to freak the rest of us out...
While they were trying to kill themselves, the rest of us found ways to amuse ourselves, such as creating sand angels...
And looking at the cutest baby in the entire world...
And, making rock cities...
After that, we packed up and headed home...
It was such a fun weekend! We had fun every second of everyday! Unfortunately, we had to come home and return to normal life...and deal with the mounds of laundry that are all covered in red dirt! Oh joy... (sigh)! --Lindsay






16 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun! I'm sure you're thrilled to get to sleep in tomorrow after such a long, exhausting weekend AND working today! ;)
And as always, Bebe Cohen is darling. I love that close-up picture of him!
Looks like a great weekend! I haven't been to Moab..Jared needs to take me I think!
Looks like a fun and exciting weekend! Moab and Arches is such a great place to visit - especially with awesome weather.
Very cute pics - especially of Cohen and the sand angel.
Boy, are you spoiled! Love Poppy
What an awesome weekend! Just remember that if you are going to take credit for the good weather, you have to be prepared to take credit for the bad too! =)
How fun! Looks like you hit 30 with a bang! You make 30 totally look like the new 20! You are gorgeous! Glad you had a GREAT birthday, what a great concert! And that trip looked like a blast! You look like you have the coolest family!
What a fun weekend! And you look fantastic for just having had a baby.
What a great weekend! You must be pooped! And I LOVED your post swimming hair! I totally had to do a double take, I wasn't sure it was really you!
I agree with Sosh, I love that last picture of him. Does my little dudey miss me? He definitely doesn't miss Uncle Dan since he calls him E.T.!!!
I'm so glad you had a great weekend and it sounds like you had an amazing birthday. I admit it totally jealous you went to Dashboard!! I love them I want to hear all about the concert next time I see you.
What agreat weekend. You always seem to have jam packed fun adventures. BTW Happy birthday.
Haha so I showed that cute close-up picture of Coco-Bean to a couple guys I work with, and they said he looks like a grown up man in a baby! Haha! I can kind of see it...funny!
Oh that looks like so much fun. I MISS my wonderful desert state!
Lindsey- Our Dr.'s name is Dr. Janet Harnsburger. Tell your sister to be prepared for a wait of like 4-6 months but it is like that for every pedio gastric specialist in the state. There are only 6 and they cover Wy and Montana too, as there aren't any there. I really hope she goes to see her no matter the wait, as it was well worth it!This is such an funky topic and unless you have gone through it, it is really hard to make people understand that it isn't a potty training issue or what you are feeding them, ect.Wish them luck on our behalf and keep us posted. I have heard Dr. Jackson up at Primary Children's is really good too. Let me know if you need any other info.Hope this helps!:)
Wow what a weekend!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again--you are a rockin' mom!
miss you guys....and your parents. :)
Post a Comment