Aiden's Potty Trained!!!
I have witnessed a modern-day miracle! Aiden is potty trained...and he pretty much taught himself! I had decided a few months back that I wasn't going to push him on potty training at all (been there, done that with Connor...not going to do it again). I figured, with Aiden's defiant attitude, that pushing him would probably do more harm than good. So, I just talked ALL THE TIME about how awesome Connor was because he went pee pee in the potty. A few days into that, Aiden came to be and said, "Mommy...I want to go pee pee in the potty and be awesome like Connor!" I said, "Okay...let's see if you can do it!" Guess what...he actually went!!!
After that, I went to the store & bought a bunch of suckers & a bunch of cars from the movie "Cars". I told Aiden that if he went pee pee in the potty, he would get a sucker; and if he pooped in the potty he could get a car. With this incentive, he started going more. He still had accidents every once in awhile, but I would just clean him up & act like it was no big deal.
About a week later, the suckers & cars ran out, so I decided to start putting him in pull-ups. I got the Buzz Lightyear ones (Aiden is OBSESSED with "Toy Story") & I made sure I got the ones where the pictures disappear when they get wet. The first time he had an accident in one, I showed him how the planets had disappeared and told him how sad Buzz Lightyear was because now he didn't have any planets to fly to. Aiden felt so bad and actually started to cry!!! It was so flippin' funny.
Since then (a little over a week), he hasn't had ANY accidents...even overnight! I am completely blown away! I have no clue how it happened, but I'm THRILLED that it did! And folks say miracles don't happen anymore...pshhh, the past few weeks just TOTALLY proved that theory wrong! --Lindsay






10 comments:
Awesome! Isn't it so great when they are finally trained! I agree, not pushing is the way to go, it's too stressful. Oh I can't wait until Marisa is trained, too bad it could easily be at least another year :(
Way to go Aiden!!!
Yay for Aiden! I'm seriously convinced after my experience (and now yours) that letting potty training happen naturally (and not forced) is the best way to go. So go, Aiden! Tell him we are proud of him.
Oh, and as a quick side note, I pointed at Cohen's birth announcement today and asked Ty who it was, and he said, "Co Co!" It was so freakin' cute. So there's a new nickname from our side of the family (to go along with Yeden!). :)
YAY for you! That is the best feeling in the world! The first time Brayden told me he had to pee pee in public we were at the zoo and he completely missed the potty and peed on my leg, but I could not have been happier, how weird is that?!
Congratulations and way to go Aiden!
I am so jealous! I tried using cars for bribes and my kid just doesn't understand the concept of a good bribe.
Well, good job Aiden and come on over and teach my Aedan!
I wish I could say the same for Reese, but it's just not happening... It is getting spendy buying diapers for two.
That is so cute! I'll have to get some of those pull ups for Hannah!
Lindsay, you tell the BEST stories! But I guess it helps that you have the BEST subjects! ha ha ha Good job, Aiden! I wish I had thought to tell Brady about the disappearing planets and Buzz not being able to fly to them anymore. It would have saved some time!
Next up: Cohen! Love Poppy
Post a Comment