Two Going on Twelve
I knew that teenagers loved to talk on the phone, but two-year-olds??? That one I had never heard of... Well, Aiden is absolutely obsessed with talking on the phone. At least once or twice a day, he will bring a phone to me and say, "Mom! Call Nana (or Tata, or Poppy, or Daddy, etc.)!" If I tell him "no" or say something like, "Maybe later...", he will follow me around the house with the phone until I give in. He is absolutely persistent about it! Eventually, I give in and call the requested person. But, every time without fail, when the person says "Hello?", Aiden doesn't know what to say so he just sits there saying, "Ummmm....ummmmm...." until the person on the other end asks him a question or says something to him. After that, you can't get him to shut up! Finally after a minute or two, I try to save the person on the other side of the line and tell Aiden that it's time to say "Bye, bye". Luckily, everyone has been pretty nice about the whole situation & is happy to talk to him...even though it's usually in the middle of the day & they are usually all at work. So, a big thank you to all of you for having multiple conversations with a toddler about things you could probably care less about...like cars, transformers, Bean's car & Diego! You have made the day of a two-going-on-twelve-year-old! --Lindsay






4 comments:
I love it when my nephew wants to call me, so I am sure they love it too!
I would love it if Aiden called me! I'm home all day and would love to talk to him about ANYTHING! Too cute!
I'm just glad for my new 1000 minute plan from Ta-Ta (Kristin)- just in time for Aiden's new obsession. Where he get this obsessive behavior anyway? (Hint, hint...Linz!) Love Poppy
he just likes to call me because i am his favorite person...ever! but i am used to it, most people think that of me...
Post a Comment