Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's Finally Out of Our Hands!

Well, 1 year, 5 months, 8 days, 3 contractors, 2 lawyers, 1 lawsuit & 16 mortgage payments later...our house in Millcreek is finally out of our hands! The closing was official on Monday, and the money came through yesterday--so we are officially DONE with it! Yay!!! It has been quite the experience...to say the least, but we DID learn quite a bit about the business of real estate & a lot about the laws that govern the business of real estate! But, overall, we are very proud of how the house turned out & we are happy that such a nice couple fell in love with it & bought it! A big thank you to Mike's dad for being our "go-to guy" and all around mentor in this situation! So, here are the before and after shots. I wish I had some better before's, but all I took were a few pictures for the insurance company. Let me just tell you though, this house was in bad shape...in fact, I would dare to say that it wasn't even livable. It was originally built in 1939. Then, another person attempted a remodel in the 70s and it was BAD!!! Anyway, our end product ended up being pretty dang nice & we are pretty proud of "our little baby". I was almost kind of sad to see it go the other day...then I remembered the months of pure HELL that it had put us through, and decided I COULD live without it. :) And, I am proud to say that the Storrs are officially OUT of the real estate business for awhile! Woo hoo! Okay, on to the before-and-after pictures...


BEFORE


AFTER

2 comments:

Tara said...

How fun to see pictures of your "project." It turned out so cute. Congrats on selling it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and Mike made it through without a loss. A lot of people are being burned on these type of real estate turnarounds, especially since the housing market is in a downturn. I'm glad a nice couple bought it, who will appreciate all your good work. (It would be a shame to have someone buy it only to trash it!) Now what will Mike have to do on Saturdays? Oh that's right, there's MBA school, church prep, Connor's sports programs, finishing your bedroom, wrestling the boys (and losing), cooking, and giving backrubs to Mrs. Storrs! Love Poppy