Friday, January 1, 2010

The Top 9 of '09

2009 is over and done & now it's on to 2010! Here's our Top 9 of '09...

#9: Jeep Safari Week in Moab

In April, we went down to Moab with Mike's family for part of Jeep Safari. Mike's Uncle Dave loves rock crawling. He has several jeeps and even has a jeep that is shown in jeep shows around the U.S. He took us on several trails & gave us the ride of our life! So fun!


#8: LOTOJA

My dad's annual bike race from Logan to Jackson Hole was a blast again this year! This was his eighth year participating in the race & he did great! The boys had a blast cheering Poppy on with their high fives and cow bells!


#7: Our Trip on the Polar Express

Our ride on the Polar Express was a great part of our Christmas season. We ate cookies & hot chocolate, sang Christmas carols, read the book "The Polar Express", and got a visit from Old Saint Nick himself! It was wonderful!


#6: Fall Break in Moab

In October, we headed down to Moab again...this time with my family. The guys went biking in the morning, while the girls & little boys went swimming or shopping. Then, in the afternoon, we would all go hiking together. One of the highlights this year was the waterslide at our hotel. It was a huge hit with everyone! Fun times!


#5: Weekend Morning Show Cancelled

This wasn't necessarily a good thing that happened this year, but it was a significant thing, so I decided to include it. It's been a good lesson for me about how to take lemons and turn them into lemonade & I'm grateful for that! I was very sad in June when my station decided to cancel the weekend morning show that I was a part of. They then offered me a promotion to the weekend evening meteorologist position. It changed our lives quite a bit, but hasn't been as bad a change as I initially thought it would be. I am so thankful that it is still a job that allows me to be home with my boys during the week. I truly have the best of both worlds...I get to have a little career & be a stay-at-home mom at the same time!



#4: Mike's New Job at L-3 Communications

In May, Mike accepted a new job at L-3 Communications, a company that develops satellite, spy & surveillance equipment. He is one of their Lead Test Engineers & loves everything about it! Mike is a hard worker & I'm very proud of everything he's been able to accomplish in his career so far.


#3: Our trip to Disneyland

We were able to take a trip to Disneyland at the end of May/beginning of June. I love Disneyland! I love watching my kids' eyes light up as they walk through those front gates! My parents came along with us & we had a blast, despite the cool weather we had all week.


#2: Our Trip to NYC for Valentine's Day

Mike and I were able to take a trip to New York City for Valentine's Day (all by ourselves!!!) It was such a great weekend! We were able to see all the sights, eat at fun restaurants, shop in tons of awesome stores, meet Mike Huckabee, & actually talk about something other than our kids. It was the best trip!


#1: Finishing the Basement/Selling the House/Building a New One

Over the summer, we found a neighborhood that we absolutely love & decided to build a house there. Since we were right in the middle of finishing our basement, Mike finished it up quickly & we put the house on the market at the end of October. Three days later, we had an offer on it. This whole process has been a whirlwind! I am so thankful that it has gone so smoothly & I'm really excited to move into the new house when it is done. We have our Pre-Construction Meeting with the superintendent of the neighborhood on Monday morning & then they should start digging a hole my midweek! I can't wait to watch it go up!


So, those are our Top 9 of '09! We are so thankful for all the things we have been able to experience, the lessons we have learned, and the blessings that have been given to us! Life is good! Here's to 2010! --Lindsay

6 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Good year, good year. Happy new year stuage!

LeAnn said...

Sounds like a great year! Happy 2010!

Poppy said...

Did you know that Moab appears twice on your list? So, does biking. The Storrs family is officially hooked on redrock and two-wheeling!

The Johnson Family said...

I LOVE this post! How cool, what a great idea and a great year too. I hope that 2010 is just as fabulous for the Storrs fam!

The Dunford Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dunford Family said...

Hey you guys! You truely have had a great year that is good to see. Good luck with your new home your going to love it I am sure! We miss you guys tons and I hope to stay in touch! Best wishes for the new year 2010!