Boy Bond Time
Mike has been off for almost two weeks now! He finally has to head back to work tomorrow. BOO!!! It has been great to have him home everyday! I've had to work quite a bit this past week, so he and I basically switched roles for a few days. We now have a new-found empathy for each other! :) He has done all the housework, made lots of yummy meals, & had some serious boy bonding time with the kiddos...and I've been bringing home the bacon. Here's some of the things Mike & his boys have been up to...
Over the past few weeks, we've received LOTS of snow at our house! Almost everyday, Mike & the boys have been out playing in it. Believe it our not, my boys LOVE to shovel snow!!! Who knew? If it snows, Connor is just jumping out of his pants to go shovel driveways. He thinks it's the greatest thing ever (& who am I to tell him he's wrong?). He loves to go get a bunch of friends together and get them to shovel driveways with him. And, to make things even better, Aiden (wanting to be just like his big brother) now thinks shoveling snow is the greatest thing ever too! Rock on!!! So, the other day, Mike took all three boys out & they shoveled walks for several hours. Too cute!
Cohen isn't really a fan of shoveling snow yet. He just likes to sit in it & play...
They didn't just work in the snow, they did plenty of playing in it too! Here they are making snow angels...
I love this picture because Aiden is in the process of falling...
And, of course, you've got to go sledding! We have a little tiny ravine behind our current house & the boys had fun sledding down it...they even let Cohen go down with them & he loved it...
Eventually, the big boys got bored with the ravine & were looking for a bigger thrill. So, Mike took them to an amphitheater/park that is close to our house & they went sledding for several hours over there too...
They biffed it a few times, of course!
And, they finished the day with hot chocolate for everyone. Such a great time! I love these fellas...
On New Years Eve, I had to work. My station did a New Years Eve Special from 10:00 until midnight & I was asked to be a part of it. So, Mike & the kiddos decided to head up to his parents' house for the night. They ate the traditional Storrs' Family New Years Eve Dinner (prime rib infused with garlic...YUMMO!), watched movies, played games, and just hung out watching me on tv. They had a great time. Mike only took a few pictures. Here's what he gave me to work with...






3 comments:
Our house is in the background of 1 of your pictures! :) I wish we saw you guys more often, I hardly remember you're our neighbors now.
Thank you for your comment the other day. I needed it. I'm glad someone thinks I'm strong, there are definitely days I don't feel strong and I need the encouragement to keep going. Thanks!
Aimee
I was spoiled having Josh around too! It is so nice. I wish we didn't have to work! I love that your boys love to shovel snow. Their wives will love that one day!
Will Connor and Aiden come shovel for me too? I am so jealous that Mike had two weeks off! I need a job like that!
Post a Comment