Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wow! That Was Fast!

Well, our house is under contract already! Oh my stars! It's only been on the market for five days!!! I really didn't expect it to go quite so quickly, but it did! The people who are buying it were only the 2nd people to walk through! They saw it on Monday morning at about 10:30 & we had an offer by 2:00 that afternoon! After several counteroffers back and forth, we finally came to an agreement. They are going to pay full price for the house & we are going to cover $4000 of their closing costs. I am seriously in shock that, in a market like this, we got such a great offer! It is a HUGE blessing and we are extremely grateful for it!

The only bad part is that they want us to close by December 17th, so we will be moving at Christmas into some random rental home. Joy to the world! ;) Although that is kind of a bummer, I really can't complain. I would much rather move into a rental house in the middle of December, than to be stuck with a house I can't sell in February! We have found a few houses in our current neighborhood that are for rent, so we're looking into renting one of them until the new house is done.

I think the people are buying our house will be a great addition to the neighborhood! I haven't met the husband yet, but I did meet the wife. She and her real estate agent showed up for their appointment a few minutes early, so I hadn't left the house yet. She walked in the door & fell in love with the house instantly! She especially loved the heated tile floors. I'm pretty sure they are what sold the house. She couldn't get over how heavenly they felt! She seemed really sweet & should fit right into the neighborhood with all the other young mommies that live here! They have two young kids, a rambunctious little boy (probably about 3-years-old) and a baby girl. I think it's very appropriate that another wild little boy will live in this house! And, I'm happy that a little girl will FINALLY live here too. I always had dreams of a darling pink nursery somewhere in this house...maybe they will be the ones to make that a reality since I never could!

So, there you go! Wish us luck on getting one of these houses that is for rent. I would love to stay in the neighborhood a little longer so that our boys can stay in their same schools & play with their same friends for a little longer! And, if you hear of any other rental situations in the neighborhood, let me know! --Lindsay

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Happy/Sad day! I hope everything in the next month continues to go well. I also hope you get to stay in the neighborhood for a few months!

LeAnn said...

Waa Hoo. See I told ya! :)

Good luck with everything.

Butterfields said...

curse you heated floors......

Melanie said...

WOw! Then it must be meant to be. Our house in Kearns sold really fast too--like a week. I hope something comes up for you and for me so we both can stay in this neighborhood!

Marion said...

Holy Cow a ton happens in your household when I don't check your blog. Congrats on selling your home. I'm excited for your future :)

Emily said...

That is great news! Selling a house can be such a headache, so I'm glad it went quickly for you!

Moving is not fun. YUCK.

Kelli Proctor said...

wow! I had a lot to catch up on! I am so excited for you! Your home is BEAUTIFUL! It makes me want to move over there too! amazing, so excited for you!

Poppy said...

I hate double moves! But its far better than the stress of double house payments!

Kristin and Dan said...

I'm not surprised it sold so quickly, it was an awesome house and a great price! Congrats on the big sale, stuage!!

Kristy said...

WOO-HOO!! How great for you! There are 2 houses in my neighborhood that have been for sale for about a year with no offers. Things really are falling into place for you guys--that's gotta be a great feeling!