Saturday, November 7, 2009

Our Temporary Housing Solution

I found a place for us to live...and it's even in our current neighborhood!!! This is the house that we will be living in from the middle of December until our new house is finished sometime in February or March. I'm so excited because now my kids can stay in their same schools, go to the same ward, and play with their same friends until "the big move" happens. I was worried that I would have to uproot their lives twice. But, because of this house, I'll only have to do it once! I think this house is a HUGE blessing! I found it online & made some calls about it. The people that own this house were looking for someone who wanted to sign a 12 month lease but after I told them our situation, they agreed to give us a 3 month lease through the end of February and then let us go month-to-month after that if our new house isn't finished yet. It's the PERFECT situation & I'm very happy about it! I am really surprised at how smoothly everything with this moving situation has gone so far and I'm feeling VERY blessed! I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop because I know that we're going to hit a kink at some point. But, in the meantime, I'm enjoying the smooth sailing! I'm so happy that we'll be able to stay by our friends and neighbors for a little while longer! --Lindsay

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm happy about it too. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet.

Jessica said...

I am excited that we get to keep your around for a little bit longer! I hope things continue to be smooth sailing and that the other shoe never needs to drop!

Kristin and Dan said...

Looks like a nice house! Love your new blog header.

Kristy said...

Wow!!! I love that things are working out so well for you guys!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Holy Cow things are moving fast for you guys! Congrats on it all going so smoothly.Since life isn't liks that most of the time it sure is nice when it does all just fall into line. Must mean that you are doing all that you are supposed to be. Seriously excited for you guys and know that you totally deserve all of this!:)

Poppy said...

I hope everyone can handle a short move...I hear a short move is harder because you rarely rent a big truck to do it. I have a feeling the Tahoe is going to become a small moving van.

Rachel said...

That is so awesome you found something close! I hope it keeps going smoothly because moving isn't fun!