Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Have Done My Patriotic Duty

Yes, that's right...I have done my duty to support the national economy. My mom and sisters made our annual "Christmas shopping trip" this past Friday. We always plan a day during November to go shopping from sun up to sun down. We get a huge chunk of our Christmas shopping done on this day, before the Christmas season has even begun! We love doing it this way because then we don't have to deal with all the crowds in December, plus a lot of the stores do great sales during November so that they can get a jump start on their holiday sales. DOUBLE BONUS! Here we are after our two hour long excursion through Toys R Us. My sister, Kristin, thought we were quite a sight all walking together like this, so she snapped a picture...


About 90% of my kids' Christmas was shoved into that cart! It was a very successful shopping day! Now I just have to wrap it all. Uggg... --Lindsay

7 comments:

LeAnn said...

Yeah for getting the shopping done early.

We are trying to get ours done, but we just don't know what to get! Arggg. Amazon has been my friend this time around.

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Wow I am very impressed! Congrats on selling your cute home so fast! Sorry that it had to be during the holidays but I'm glad that you will be in your temporary place before Christmas. Now the only thing I am not happy about is Connor having to leave me come February. :-(

Thorpe Family said...

Looks like fun! What agreat tradition!

Paul/Heather said...

Good Idea!

Kelli Proctor said...

so fun! I gotta get going! You are makin me feel like a slacker! haha!

Tara said...

I love shopping with my mom and sisters and NO kids. What a fun day. You are a busy woman.

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Don't you love it when your patriotic duty and something fun like shopping and being with our ladies collide? So rarely happens in life.:)