Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy HalloWeekend

Well, Halloween weekend was a fun one...full of lots of treats, with a few tricks thrown in there too! We started it out with a joint birthday party for Connor and Mike with both our families (TREAT). Connor wanted pizza & crazy bread for dinner. Thank goodness! The night before, our refrigerator/freezer decided to die on us, so all our food was being stored at one of our neighbor's houses (TRICK). I don't think I could have made dinner if I had wanted to! Side note, the refrigerator has since been fixed. Next side note, I should have married an Appliance Repairman. He was at our house a total of 13 minutes & charged us $175 (TRICK)! Not bitter or anything here. Anyway, here's Poppy & his boys eating their pizza...


After dinner, it was on to cake & ice cream and then presents (TREAT). Not a whole lot of pictures here because BOTH of my camera batteries decided to die (TRICK). Obviously, I was on a roll with things deciding to die on me! Lovely...


It was a fun & easy-going party! Thanks to all the family members that came (TREAT)!

Saturday was Halloween! I had to work (because we're in the middle of sweeps & no one is allowed to take time off right now), so I decided to do weather live from my front yard with all the neighborhood kiddos (TREAT). I figure if I have to work on Halloween, I might as well be where all the action is at! We had quite the group there, everything from witches to princesses to transformers to things-that-probably-shouldn't-be-shown-on-TV-due-to-the-fact-that-they-probably-violated-several-FCC-obscenity-rules. Thank you for the good laugh though Alex Kopelson! ;) Here's a picture of the group that showed up...


There's something about Anakin Skywalker & Spider Man that looks vaguely familiar...


And this cute little duck looks like someone I know. Although, I can't quite put my finger on it right now. And, who's the hottie holding him? I've got to get to know that guy... ;)


Having fun before going on air...


It was fun & I think it turned out really cute! Thanks to everyone who came!

After the broadcast, the kiddos went Trick-or-Treating & got LOTS of candy (TREAT). I have since gone through all that candy, and of course I had to eat the ones that were "questionable" (a.k.a. "delicious"...TREAT). I love Halloween...



Sunday was Mike's birthday. He turned 34 (and I'm sure he's extremely pleased that I just announced that to the world!) I don't think it was a very exciting day for him though. I was going to make him breakfast in bed, but because all our food was still at our neighbor's house, I didn't have anything I needed, so he got his choice of cold cereal without milk or instant oatmeal (TRICK). Nothing says "I love you" like instant oatmeal...that's what I always say!

After that, we went to Stake Conference. That meant two hours of "pure joy" trying to entertain 3 small boys who were not very happy that "sacrament meeting was taking a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time," all while some old guy sitting near us glared at us the entire two hours (TRICK). Dude, maybe you should take a break from your glaring & listen to what the Stake President is saying about being Christlike for a minute or two! And, to top it off, Cohen decided to spit up all over the front of Mike's shirt (TRICK). Good times...good times!

After Stake Conference, I had to go to work (again, no time off because of sweeps), so Mike was left to entertain the kiddos for the remainder of the afternoon by himself (TRICK). I can't think of anything better to do on one's birthday than to try to entertain kids on a Sunday afternoon all by yourself! Sigh...

Things did begin to look up later that night though. Mike headed over to my parents' house for dinner. My mom had made a big spread just for him, including pot roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, jello salad, rolls & two Boston creme pies (TREAT). YUMMY! So, at least he ended the day on a good note!

He and I are going out on a hot date Wednesday night to make up for his less-than-exciting special day (DOUBLE TREAT).

So, that was our HalloWeekend! Hope you had lots of treats, and not so many tricks this past weekend! --Lindsay

5 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

That's fun you got to broadcast live from your neighborhood! The kiddos looked so cute in their costumes!

Poppy said...

What a crazy weekend with birthdays, house for sale and goblins! I don't know how you survive Linz!

Unknown said...

Awesome idea to do the weather at home! AND happy birthday Mike!

Jackie said...

Oops, I didn't realize I was signed under my sons gmail :) That last one was from me!

Kristy said...

Haha! I love your "Tricks" and "Treats"! Happy birthday, Mike!