Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Before I Start Packing...

Well, a few weeks ago, I said that I would post more pictures of the basement when it was all decorated. I figured I should probably do this post now...because I'm about to start packing non-essentials starting tomorrow. That means today is probably the last day the basement will look cute enough for pictures. So, here you go...

Here's the laundry room. I think the cabinet hardware makes this room even cuter than it already was. The people who are buying our house came back over the other day to see it again & they told us that the laundry room was a HUGE selling point for them. Amy, the wife, seriously gets giddy when she walks in this room. How could you not get giddy? I think it's one of the cutest laundry rooms I've ever seen...


Here's the finished kitchen. So fun...


Family room. Doesn't the corner cabinet look great? The buyers also loved this room. Chris, the husband, says that he's not much of a movie guy...but that he might become one just because he has this room...


The bathroom. The shower curtain, rugs, towels, etc. used to be in our master bathroom before we remodeled it. I saved all the stuff so that I could decorate this bathroom with it...


Connor's Star Wars room. We didn't even have a chance to hang anything on the walls. Oh well, we'll do it in the new house...


The playroom. The kids have LOVED having this room to play in. I have loved it even more than they have! When they are being loud & wild, I just say, "Okay, time to go downstairs and play!" They can play down there for hours...


So, that's the basement. Even though it's only been finished for a few weeks, I will miss it enormously when we move. Do you think it's too soon to start bugging Mike to finish the basement in the new house? Haha! Just kidding! As much as he loved working down there, I think he's looking forward to break from crazy remodeling/finishing projects for awhile. --Lindsay

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that laundry room too! It all turned out so cute! Isn't it sad that sometimes great things get finished just before you have to move?! Darn it!

Kristin and Dan said...

Love it all! If you weren't moving into such a fabulous house I would say its sad for you to already be leaving your newly finished basement! It all turned out sooo cute!

Jessica said...

I love your basement! Thanks for letting Shane and I come check it out last night - maybe Mike and Shane can get to work building some cool stuff for your new house!

Kelli Proctor said...

the basement is beautiful! And I am so glad everything is working out for you guys so well! You guys are awesome, you deserve it!:)

Marion said...

After looking at those pictures I can't believe you're leaving it. Just kidding. What a beautiful basement.

Poppy said...

Mike is the ultimate HGTV husband!