Friday, November 20, 2009

Look Who Finally Decided to Start Walking

Well, Cohen finally decided a few weeks ago (at 15 1/2 months) that he would join the rest of the human race & begin walking! He's been able to walk since he was about 13 months old, but didn't like to walk because it was so much easier to crawl. It hasn't been until the past few weeks that he's started to walk more than crawl. I haven't really pushed him much in the walking department because, frankly, I liked having a baby that was only semi-mobile. But, by about 15 months, I started to worry that something might be wrong. I asked the pediatrician about it at his 15 month appointment. I told him that Cohen COULD walk, but just didn't want to. He just laughed and said it was "Youngest Child Syndrome." Why would he WALK when he has four big people at his beck and call to carry him around where ever he wants? Good point. So, over the next few weeks, I just made a point of not carrying him a whole lot. If he wanted to come with me into a different room, he had to come himself. Wouldn't you know it...the kid started walking within 2 weeks! He's still a tiny bit wobbly his feet, so it's really entertaining to watch him. Here's some video I took of him the other day. Too fun...



I love this little man! He is just such a sweet, cute little guy. He is so easy going & fun to be around...plus, he loves to cuddle! None of my other boys EVER liked to be cuddled! He gives the best hugs in the world & is cute as can be! He's the best & I don't know how we ever survived without him! --Lindsay

8 comments:

Armstrong Family said...

Elise was 17 months! I was worried but she's stubborn and it had to be in her own time. Great job Cohen!

Summer said...

Congrats Cohen! Josh was 17 months and Naomi was 20.... Did I carry them too much? I can't remember.

LeAnn said...

Yea Cohen! We seem to be a long way from walking too. Ezra loves to walk along with a push toy, but as soon as his hands are empty he goes for the floor. He doesn't even try.

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Too, too cute! Ady was 17 months and she is my cuddler and she is definitely our "youngest". Our Dr. said the same thing.

Kristin and Dan said...

How tuters!! I love that video of him, he looks so proud of himself! And I had quite the opposite "youngest" syndrome from Cohey... I walked at 9 months to keep up with you guys but I just let you talk for me! Which = me not talking till I was 3 years old! :)

Poppy said...

You go Cohen! Next up: Wrestling with his brothers...

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Yeah for Cohen walking! He is seriously so adorable. If he ever goes missing he might be with me... lol!

emily+brett said...

Hey! I'm so glad I found your blog! Your family is getting so big! We'll have to keep in touch.