Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tagged...

My cousin-in-law (I guess that's what she is to me), Heidi, tagged me. So, here we go...

10 years ago...1998.

I had just finished my first year at BYU & had moved home for the summer. I had just been accepted into the Broadcast Journalism program at BYU which was EXTREMELY exciting because they only took about 20 students each year back then. I was working about 60 hours a week at Seven Peaks as their Customer Service Manager & loving every minute of it. I was semi-dating (that's truly the only way to describe it) one of my co-workers at Seven Peaks, who was the catcher on the BYU Baseball Team. I was planning on moving into the Sparks II Townhomes that fall (where I met Mike that following January).

5 years ago...2003.

Connor was about 8 months old. I was the Chief Meteorologist at the Fox affiliate in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Mike was working at Lyondell Chemical as an Assistant Mechanical Engineer & going to school part-time. We made our move to Reno just a few months later where I worked at the NBC affiliate.

5 months ago...February.

Last February was when all my pregnancy problems happened. I was put on full bedrest for a week & then partial bedrest for the next five weeks. (Obviously, I was NOT a happy camper.) I had just been called to be the Enrichment Leader in our ward (in addition to teaching "Marriage & Family Relations" with Mike) & I put together my first enrichment (the PJ's Party) that month.

5 things on my to do list tomorrow

1) Clean bathrooms
2) Make several calling-related phone calls
3) Clean out my Enrichment Binder (it's getting out of control)
4) Go shopping for Aiden's "big boy" mattress & go to Costco
5) Go to my last hair appointment with Tara.

5 bad habits...

1) I'm a perfectionist (I have truly been diagnosed as one too...by Dr. Burton who is the therapist that comes on my show every Sunday morning).
2) I am OCD about my To-Do lists. I make a list of things that need to be done that day (but I won't allow it to be longer than 8 items if at all possible, so I still have time to play) & I will complete EVERYTHING on it before the day is over. (You'll sometimes find me mopping my floor or cleaning bathrooms at 11:30 at night just to get it all done. Yes, I'm weird!)
3) I am not a patient person. I work hard & fast, therefore everyone around me should too, right?
4) I sleep in WAY too much! I figure it's okay right now since I get up at 3:00 am every Saturday & Sunday & I have a child starting kindergarten (Monday through Friday) in a month & a half...therefore, after August 25th I will NEVER have the chance to sleep in again. Therefore, it is okay right now!
5) I eat WAY too many ding dongs...but what's new???

5 places I've lived...

1) Provo, Utah
2) Orem, Utah
3) Lake Charles, Louisiana
4) Reno, Nevada
5) The city I live in now. The people that need to know where this is, already know it. :)

5 things people don't know about me...

1) I have "Barbie Legs". Remember how you could bend your Barbie's knees backwards a little bit? Well, I can do the same with mine. I look like a flamingo when I do it.
2) I go through labor very fast. Because of this, I didn't get an epidural with Connor until I was dilated to a 7 & with Aiden until I was dilated to an 8/9. Take it from me, "transition" is EXTREMELY painful! If at all possible, get an epidural at a 4!
3) I had Connor 11 days early & Aiden 10 days early. I would LIKE to take 10 days off my due date this time around, but I'm scared that if I do that, I'll go a week over!
4) I LOVE budgeting! I know that makes me sound totally lame, but I really do! I took several personal & family financial classes while at BYU and fell in love with it! We don't call it a budget at our house though, we call it a "Financial Goals Achievement Plan". Haha! We're total nerds!!!
5) The first time Mike kissed me (a.k.a. made-out with me), he actually bruised my lip...and I don't bruise easily. The next day, I had lunch with my mom. She noticed that part of my lip was purplish & asked me what happened. I lied to her & told her that I had been chewing on a pen and it broke in my mouth. Yes, I know...I'm going to hell!

Okay, so I am going to tag Aimee Francom (this can be your first tag...welcome to blogging); Alicia States (so you can tell us about all your adventures in Hawaii); Kelli Proctor (because anyone with 3 boys is just plain awesome! Haha!); Lynetta Young (so you can remind me of Louisiana); & Tara Campbell (so you can fill all your spare time after you quit...again, not bitter or anything). --Lindsay

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's what happened to your lip! I remember your mom lecturing Ashlee and Kristin about chewing on pens not long after that epidode. Love Poppy

Anonymous said...

I still need to get my hands on your financial planning goods!

The Swensons said...

I did not know that about Mike! Wow, fiesty... :)

The Knighton Fam said...

I LOVE your blog! I'm so glad you post on it frequently. Who needs novels when there's a Lindsay Storrs around??

Amanda C said...

You lived in Lake Charles? One of my favorite singers sings a song about Lake Charles. too funny!

The Johnson Family said...

I love reading all this stuff about other people! You think you know someone!! And yes- transition labor is the "hell-on-earth...its-okay-if-I-die-right-now" part of labor!