Now THAT'S What I Call a Bachelor Pad!
Well, I haven't written in over a week. And here's the reason why...we've been busy transforming Connor's room (which used to look like this):
Into a bachelor pad built for two (that now looks like this):
And, it's been quite the task! Since Mike has become the master woodworker lately, he insisted we order the bunkbed unfinished. Then, he stained it himself. He was a little nervous since he'd never worked with STAIN before, but he did a great job! (What's new, right?) The bed looks awesome!!!
My task over the past week has been figuring out how to cram two very stuffed bedrooms into just one...and still make it livable & usable. I had NO CLUE how hard it was going to be...but two huge garbage bags, one extremely large garage sale box, & a plethora of storage containers later, I did it! Everything fits & I think the room looks awesome! Here's some other pics of the boys new "pad"!
Here's Aiden's bed. Well, it's TECHNICALLY Aiden's bed, but he & Connor have been trading every other night so they both have a chance to sleep on the top bunk...
Here's Connor's bed on top. (The bedding on the bottom bunk--pictured above--was Connor's original bedding, but when I ordered it 3 1/2 years ago, I decided to buy the coordinating bedding--that you see pictured below--too...for just such an occasion as this. At the time, I think everyone thought I was a nutcase...buying bedding that would sit in my closet for the next several years, but now I'm SO glad I did it! I love how it turned out!)






13 comments:
Lindsay its sooooo cute!! Must you be quite so talented?? Will you come help me with my nursery??
Wow. It's AWESOME! Lucky Boys!
Gee whiz... way to put my white dinged up walls to shame! :) You really are so talented! I love the room! And the sayings.
Very cute! Can't wait to see the baby's room when it's done!
How cute! I am jealous. Hayden has been in a phase where he likes to climb up and take everything and anything off the wall. One day I hope to have his room even half as cute as yours! I hope you are tying in that tye dye paint job in Aiden's old room. So cute and Mike is so darn handy! Again, the offer stands, a "vacation" here for handy man assistance!! Great job!
very tuters! i will have to come see it in person soon!
That turned out so great! I now have faith that we can fit bunk beds into Gavin's room. :) See you Thursday!
This is even better than those shows on tv - you have a great talent for pulling a room together! And Mike, wow! The bed looks awesome!
I can't believe you're doing all that work...aren't you 8 months pregnant? Love Poppy
WOW! You guys are so so amazing and talented! Those of some lucky little "bachelors"! Those boys have to feel pretty cool hanging out in a room like that! GOod job guys!
Can you say NESTING!! Looks great and I hope the time flies until number 3 gets here!
Soooooo cute! You have talent. I can't wait to see the nursery. You are going to put yourself into labor if you keep working so hard. I have tryed but it doesn't work for me, I am STILL pregnant.
Their room is darling! It looks like a page out of Pottery Barn! Am I to assume there will be pictures of a nursery soon? You guys have been quite busy with projects around your house! Everything looks so great.
Post a Comment