Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Events that May Have Put Me into Labor

We had some busy days leading up to Cohen's early arrival. Here are some of the events that may have led to my early labor...

Event 1: Pioneer Day

On Pioneer Day, we all headed up to Ashlee's house for a day of swimming & barbeque fun. It was a great day & everyone had a blast!

Aiden on the slip n' slide

Connor trying to get Mike wet during the water fight...with the rest of us boring adults sitting in the background...

The bro-in-laws having a Guitar Hero competition

Eating dessert outside that night

The boys watching the exciting fireworks show put on by Uncle Dan

It was a great day...but very hot. The heat could have been a contributing factor to the early labor.

Event 2: Swimming Lessons

For the past two weeks, Connor & two of the little boys in the neighborhood (Tait & Blake) have been taking swimming lessons. Friday was their last day. Here's some pics...

Connor & Tait's class. They are hanging on to the side of the pool

Connor swimming to his teacher

Connor playing for the last five minutes of class

The boys with their completion certificates

Trying to keep track of three little swimmers, along with all their shoes & towels, while making sure that a crazy two-year-old named Aiden doesn't fall in the pool could be enough to put ANYONE into labor...

Event 3: Cheeseburgers, Shakes & a Round of Bowling

On Friday afternoon, a few friends in the neighborhood decided to throw together an impromptu date night. We ate dinner at JCW's in American Fork where I chowed down on a quarter pound cheeseburger and ginormous oreo shake. Then we headed over to a nearby bowling alley for a few rounds of bowling...

On the 7th frame, you had to bowl through your legs. Pregnant girls were allowed to granny throw the ball backwards instead...not an easy task when you have a huge growth around your midsection.

As you can probably tell, event #3 was the most likely culprit for putting me into premature labor! I'll save the story of Cohen's actual arrival for another day...right now, I have to go be a milk cow for a very hungry little boy. Here are some new pics of the babe! --Lindsay

Aiden...now a big brother

Cohen taking over my hospital bed

Haha! The binky is half the size of his face!

Getting ready to go home. We had to borrow a car seat from my sister, Ashlee. The one we bought was on backorder & should arrive sometime this week.

First car ride

Meeting grandpa...Cohen's namesake

Sleepy boy

8 comments:

~heidi said...

I love the pic of the binki in his mouth....What a cute little boy. I bet Connor and Aiden are loving being big brothers. And yes, I would think that maybe your last activity of that week prior to him being born sent you into labor, but at least he was healthy. We can't wait to see him! Congratulations once again!

Amanda said...

What a cutie. I still can't believe how tiny he is, and he's light as a feather! Those pictures of him in the carseat are cute... he gets lost in that big thing, but it's amazing how fast he'll fill it out!
Congrats again!

The Swensons said...

I love that last picture of Cohen! It's SO cute. I can't believe his little head doesn't even fit in that tiny headrest. I have three headrests for that seat, and that one is by far the tiniest. Oh, I miss him already! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it was the awesome fireworks display that Dan put on that started the seeds of labor! Cohen may be small now, but it won't be long before he'll be wrestling with his dad and brothers! Love Poppy

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

You are one amazing woman! Congrats on the little guy. We had one four weeks early too. He wore preemie clothes and diapers for a while but he was the best baby. You guys sure do well at making those cute boys! Way to go, he's beautiful!

Emily said...

I love how big the binkie is compared to his head! What a cutie! I'm glad you're all doing well. Try to get some sleep now . . .

Amy said...

He is such a cutie!!! I can't even remember my boy small anymore. How you been doing juggling 3 boys with 2 hands? I didn't know what I was going to do when #4 came along. I've adjusted since the birth of him, but it's an adjustment definately. Congrats!

Summer said...

I had no idea you had your baby - and on my birthday to boot! Minnesota was fun and I am so happy that you don't have to be a huge whale now.. (not that you ever loked that big) a cow is better anyway! Congrats.