Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Tribute to Our Moms

Lindsay's Mom

Dear Mom,

Just wanted to take a minute to tell you how grateful I am that you are my mom! I couldn't have asked for anyone better! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you have done for me!

First of all, thank you for going through natural labor & the pain of your tailbone breaking so that I could be born (sorry about that). Thank you for enduring the embarrassment of having to sit on a little donut for the next several months afterwards too.

Thank you for putting up with all my little quirks that I had as a little girl...bossing everyone around, yelling at my little sister (Ash-A-Lee!!!), leaving the house by myself while you were taking showers, & INSISTING that I dress like Annie about 99% of my life for several years.

Thank you for always being there when I got home from school everyday. I always knew when I got home that you would be standing by the bar asking, "So how was your day?"

Thank you for going without many things for yourself, so that I could have things that were "REALLY important" (like Esprit shirts & Guess Jeans).

Thank you for showing me what Christlike love & service really is all about by taking care of Grandpa everyday for all those years.

Thank you for always praising my accomplishments (no matter how small) & helping develop my self-esteem.

Thank you for encouraging goals from a young age & helping me accomplish them.

Thank you for letting me make my own decisions & not killing me when I made some that weren't very good.

Thank you for staying up late with me (many nights) to talk, laugh, & cry about boys or anything I needed to talk about...mainly boys.

Thank you for teaching me the importance of working hard & doing things well.

Thank you for being my soft place to fall & bringing me back up when the rest of the world was pushing me down.

Thank you for teaching me the importance of a clean and organized house (even though my house isn't anywhere near the standard you set).

Thank you for flying to Houston & then driving 2 hours to a tiny town in Louisiana many times to visit your extremely homesick daughter.

Thank you for not thinking I was crazy (or at least not telling me) when I was going through postpartum depression after I had Connor.

Thank you for being my biggest fan in the whole world (both for my TV stuff & the rest of my life).

Thank you for always being willing to change your life on a dime & watch my kids because I got called in to work.

Thank you for loving me...despite all my flaws.

And, thank you for everything else that I'm forgetting right now (which is at least 27,346 things).

Mom, you are the greatest mom ever...and probably the hottest one too! I love you!

Love,

Lindsay

Mike's Mom

Mom,

I just wanted to say how much I love you and how thankful I am to have been born into our family. I am so grateful for for all the time you made for me (I am just now realizing how much time it was, and how much effort it took to do). You are the greatest mom and grandma I could ever have wished for.

Thank you for teaching me a love for the scriptures and Family home evening.

Thank you for reading to me and giving me a love for good books and a desire to learn.

Thank you for for helping me know that I could do anything if I just believed in myself.

Thank you for teaching me how to love and to serve.

Thank you for taking me to the hospital every other week because I am so accident prone.

Thank you for babysitting our kids at the drop of a hat, and for your amazing games and toys that seem to never be the same!

Thank you for teaching me about friends, and that there were none more important then my two brothers and sister.

Thank you for listening to me when I needed it, but giving me space enough to grow.

Thanks for teaching me how to be a great dad.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! I love you!!!

Love,

Mike

2 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Mudd was all those things for me too. We have the best Mudd ever!! Cute post.

Poppy said...

Linz, you made Mom cry! Nice write up and I agree with you on everything you wrote. Love Poppy