The Miracle of the Hand-Me-Down Shorts
First, a little background...a few weeks ago, I pulled out all my kids' summer clothes. I hadn't bought any shorts yet for Aiden, so I went to my box of Connor's old 3T clothes & pulled out a pair. The shorts were pretty long on Connor's short little legs back in the day. Because of this, Connor had worn a little hole in the knee. "Oh well," I thought. "These will do until I make an Old Navy run & buy Aiden some of his own."
Okay, fast forward to a few days ago...I was busily cleaning my kitchen. Cohen was sitting in his high chair playing with toys, Connor was off playing at a friend's house, & Aiden was playing in his room...or so I thought. From a distance, I heard my little Aiden's voice say, "Mom...Mom...come help me! I'm stuck!"
"Oh!" I thought, "What has he gotten himself into this time?"
I walked back to Aiden's room...but it was empty. "Aiden, where are you?" I asked.
"I'm in Cohen's room!" came the reply, "Hurry! I'm stuck...upside down!!!"
"What?!?" I thought. "Upside down?"
I hurried into Cohen's room & THIS is what I found...
**Disclaimer...before you think I'm a TOTALLY horrible mother that takes pictures of her kids in dangerous situations--all in the name of her blog--this picture was actually taken several hours after the above-mentioned incident. I, of course, pulled him off the nob right away & tried to figure out what had happened. But, as I thought about it throughout the day, I decided this was a story that MUST be blogged. But, I knew it would be much more enjoyable if you could actually SEE what I saw when I walked into that room. So, when Mike came home that evening, we "re-created" the scene to take a picture. What? It's all in the name of the blog...all in the name of the blog! --Lindsay
p.s. Aiden is now the the proud owner of a pair of new shorts.






8 comments:
Ha ha that is HILARIOUS!! Only Aiden...
You are such a good mom. I would have totally run to get the camera and left him hanging there.
Aiden needs to get a lawyer to draw up a contract so that he can share in 50% of the royalties you'll earn from a future book about your number two son's antics.
Oh my gosh....amazing and so funny!
So let me get this straight...you save him from a dangerous situation, only to put him back in it later all for the sake of a picture? What kind of mother are you? LOL! I would have sat and laughed for five solid minutes and then left to go get the camera, taken several pictures and THEN I would have gotten him down. I'm just saying! =)
I am so glad you took the picture. It made the post :) What a funny kid!
Ha! Ha! The picture is priceless!!!!
You told me this story, but you are right! Much better with the visual!!
Post a Comment