The Bittersweet Day Has Finally Arrived
Well, today was Mike's last day working at this place...
He's now off to his new adventure at this place...
This day has really been a bittersweet day for Mike! First for the "sweet" part. He is so excited for his new job! From everything I've heard, L-3 is a fabulous company. The people that work there LOVE it; & the people that don't work there wish that they did. I was telling another meteorologist at my work that Mike got a job there & he said, "Wow! You must be married to a pretty smart guy!" When I asked him why he would say that, he told me that he knew the president of the Salt Lake division pretty well and then said, "They don't hire just anybody over there! You have to be EXTREMELY qualified for them to even give your resume a second glance!" Wow! I had no idea they were that selective! It is a very cool company that does a lot of really cool stuff & Mike is really excited to continue his career there.
On the other hand, he is also very sad to be leaving ATK. He loves what he does there. How could he NOT love it? He blows up huge rockets in the West Desert! That's every little boys' dream job! He also loves the people that he works with too! Yesterday, Mike's whole team went out to lunch at Cheesecake Factory to say "goodbye" to him. They invited me to come along since I had never met any of them (that's what happens when your husband works a classified intelligence job). I can see why he is going to miss them so much...they were all so fun & had some hilarious stories! He will really miss all of them!
So, now it's onward & upward for Mike! We feel very blessed to have this opportunity! I am so proud of you Mike! Thank you for being such a smarty pants & working so hard! Have fun wearing your little white lab coat everyday & playing with "James Bond stuff"! You will do great! I love you! --Lindsay






5 comments:
Good luck, Mike!
That is awesome! My husbands compnay works with both those companies...small world!
How cool is that! Good luck Mike, congratulations!
Mike sort of looks like James Bond, needs to work on his accent though! Enjoy the new job, Mike.
What a wonderful story to hear among so many bad ones you come across these days. I'm really happy for you guys. Good luck Mike!
Post a Comment