My Life As Viewed Through a Cell Phone Camera
I made the switch to an iPhone a few weeks back. As I was going through the pictures on my old android, I realized there were lots of great pictures that deserved to be blogged. None of them really warranted an entire post, so I just thought I'd throw them all together in a random photo post. So, here's my life over the past eight months as seen through my cell phone camera:
Since we now have a child old enough to babysit, Mike and I have been going out on a lot more dates! I love it. Seriously, having a babysitter has revolutionized my life!! It's amazing, and makes life so much easier. Anyway, here's one of our dates--just down the road at Johnny Rockets for burgers, fries and shakes...
Connor's scout troop did a service car wash for all their moms for Mothers Day. Not sure if my car was much cleaner after the fact, but it was fun to have these boys attempt to wash it. This is Connor's friend, Weston, spraying us down...
Cohen and I went to get ice cream for one of our dates. We went to Maui Chill, which is a place where you put as much ice cream and toppings in as you want and pay per pound. We love it, as you can probably tell. I think there's more toppings in that cup than ice cream...
Cohen's preschool class did their annual Mother's Day program. Always so cute...
My mom made Vivvie this little bag. She loves it! She always packs it full of stuff, throws it over her shoulder and then says, "Bye! I'm going to church!!" So funny...
One of my dates with Aiden. We took a spin on the go carts...
And then played some mini golf. Handsome little dude...
My job doesn't suck. Especially when IHOP comes and makes french toast for the morning show...
And it also doesn't suck to get to work in the summertime just as the sun is rising. Beautiful, and it looked even better in person...
One thing that does suck is when a mudslide goes through your neighborhood...
A city water line burst, sending water and mud flowing down the streets. Luckily, no homes were damaged, but we ended up with a lot of mud and rocks in our front yards. We had to power wash the grass while raking as much of the crud out of it as we could. It was hard work! I was covered in mud from head-to-toe...
This girl is quite the little ham. She is constantly making us laugh with the funny little things she does. Like this picture, for example...
Apparently, shirts are optional when teeter-tottering...
I did weather live from a classic car show one day. I took this picture and sent it to Mike. He was extremely jealous, to say the least. His reply was, "You really get paid to do stuff like this?!?" Yes, I do...
One day at work, I realized my outfit made me look a little like a flight attendant circa 1973. Still a super cute outfit, even if it does remind you of flying the friendly skies...
For one of Connor's dates, we took his friend, Hayden, along with us. These boys decided to go bowling and then proceeded to kick my butt at the game...
My four little monsters seeing "Monsters University" in the theatre...
One night this past summer, we babysat our new nephew, Landon. As you can see, I had lots of great "helpers." Even a few of the neighbor gals came over to "help"...
Baby mani/pedis are the best...
Viv loves them! And, I love those cute little piggies...
Viv decided to pick some flowers out of the flowerbed and put them in her hair. She came to me and said, "Look Mom! I pwetty!" Yes, you are little girl--even when you look like an orphan child after a long day of summertime fun...
Cohen chose to go rock climbing for one of his dates...
He then took a ride on the pirate ship...
And talked me into going on it with him as well...
And then, somehow, he talked me into going on the bumper boats. Those darn bumper boates. How I hate them. But, I just can't say no to this face...
Ummmmm, we got soaked! And, when I say we got soaked, I mean we *really* got soaked. Cohen loves to squirt people. Loves it. Thinks it's hilarious. And, when you squirt others, they tend to squirt you back--a lot. Remind me never to go on the bumper boats with this kid ever again...
And, since we were already cold, we figured we'd get colder with some ice cream...
Motherhood can wipe you out. My sister, Kristin, is learning this first hand right now. She fell asleep like this at my house one day, and I couldn't resist snapping a picture. You never know when you're going to need a little blackmail with this girl. Hehe...
Vivienne loves to pretend she's princess! Our neighbors gave us some of their old princess dress ups and she's constantly putting them on and pretending to "go to the ball." Here she is dancing the night away...
And the award for Best Big Brother goes to Cohen for his portrayal of Prince Charming in quite a few of her imaginary royal balls...
After the ball is over, Viv always rides home on her "Belle horse." I guess she calls it that because Belle rides a horse in "Beauty and the Beast"...
We had a pass to Thanksgiving Point this year & used it quite a bit. The kids loved the Tinkering Traveling Exhibit that has been at the museum the past several months...
After we visited the traveling exhibit, we always had to head into the Dinosaur Museum. The erosion table is always a favorite...
As is posing on fake dinosaurs...
Not so much a favorite of Vivvie's though. She's pretty much scared of anything and everything...
National Ice Cream Day. Ben and Jerry's sent us ice cream at work. Yep, my job doesn't suck...
Another pretty sunset. This time as viewed from our neighborhood park...
My kids love to play the game Headbandz. Taking selfies is a great way to figure out what character you are. I wonder when my kids will catch on to my little trick...
Mini golfing with a handsome date...
My co-anchor, Amy, and I must be on a similar wavelength. We constantly show up to work dressed in the same color. Just call us the Bobbsey Twins. People ask us all the time if we plan it, but the answer is always no. I guess great minds just think alike, even about fashion...
Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in! My old co-anchor, Issa, has been co-hosting the weekend morning show with me from time-to-time when Amy takes time off. Yes, we're eating ice cream. If my metabolism ever catches up with me, all the free food I get at work will be the death of me...
Shoe cam! A viewer on Facebook asked for a close up of my cute blue shoes...
I made this sandwich. Yep, I made it! Sun dried tomatoes, salami, provolone & a homemade pesto. Eat your heart out, Pintrest...
Amy & I in our patriotic red & blue. Yet again, not planned...
Ice cream date with this hot dude. We started laughing so hard, we couldn't stop. Had to take a picture. I don't even remember what was so funny, but it was hilarious to us--obviously. Such a fun night...
Another twin moment. Feature reporter Brooke Graham & I both dressed in orange & blue for the 2News Fall Premier Party at La Caille...
One brother rubbing her feet. Another brother rubbing her back. This girl has got all her brothers wrapped right around her little finger, and they treat her like a queen. I kind of feel bad for the man she marries someday...
When you're the only girl in a house full of boys, Cinderella and Prince Charming sometimes end up piloting Star Wars space ships...
Cuddling with Poppy while watching a movie...
Every princess needs to know how to curtsy. Viv's got it down to a science...
On the one year anniversary of 2News This Morning Weekend returning to the air, we were surprised on the show with flowers & this wild cake...
The flowers just kept coming that weekend! I love fresh flowers...
First snowfall of the season. It came way too early for my liking--at the end of September. It shouldn't be snowing when there are still leaves on the trees...
The kiddos at "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2." This was such a cute movie--and it has a Meteorologist in it, so you *know* I'm going to love it. My favorite line of the movie: "Ah, Meteorology. The science of smiling and having pretty hair while pointing at a map." Yep, something like that...
My burning bushes looked amazing this past fall! They were almost a florescent pink. It made me happy every time I looked out my back windows...
We hit 100,000 on our Ford Fusion a few months back. I had to pull over and take a picture to document the moment. Sad thing is, this car is only 4 1/2 years old! Are we commuters, or what?!? Good thing it gets 35 miles to the gallon. We love this little car and hope to get another 100,000 miles out of it before all is said and done...
Amy & I matching again. This time it was teal. The colors look pretty different from each other in this picture, but in real life they looked pretty similar...
One night at work, I found this in my work bag. Apparently, Viv wanted me to have something to play with if I got bored...
Viv also though it would be fun to tear one of my Halloween decorations apart. I love my children, I love my children, I love my children...
Always a fun day at work when Lucinda the Witch stops by...
Nana & Poppy brought cupcakes over for my birthday...
My little voting buddy. This picture reminds me of a story I don't think I ever wrote down. Back in 2012, I took Cohen & Viv with me to vote. It was a long line because it was the Obama v. Romney presidential election. We waited in line for almost two hours to vote! When Cohen asked what we were waiting in line for, I told him we were going to vote. He was pretty stoked about it! Once we finally got up to the front of the line, Cohen was really excited! I was pleased to see my little four-year-old be so into the democratic process! After I took my turn at the voting booth and we started walking back to the car, Cohen said, "But Mom! We can't leave! We didn't get to go on the boat yet!!"
"What boat, Cocoa?" I asked.
"You told me that we were waiting in line to go on a boat!" he replied.
"Oh shoot!" I replied. "No, I didn't say 'boat.' I said 'vote.'"
I had a pretty sad little boy on my hands after that. This year I made sure he knew we were going to *vote,* not *boat*...
You know it's the beginning of the Christmas season when 14 catalogs come in the mail on the same day...
Connor's class did a Native American Fair. They were broken into groups and each given a different Native American tribe to study and do a presentation about. Here's Connor with his group. And, I can neither confirm or deny that the girl he likes is this group. I can also neither confirm or deny that she has blonde hair and is peeking out from behind him. No doubt that spiffy Native American headdress he's wearing will help win her over...
Have you had chips and salsa from Barbacoa? If you haven't, you must try them sometime. A co-worker of mine (who we all call Sauce) was headed there for dinner, so I joked that he should bring some chips and salsa back to me--and he really did it. That's why we all love The Sauce Man...
Another ice cream date...
And another--this time it was a double date...
There's a fire pit and rocking chairs under all that snow somewhere. Oh summer, hurry back please...
Vivvie has started requesting Punzel (Rapunzel) hair, which basically means she wants it down & curled, rather than up in a ponytail or pigtails. Here was my first attempt...
Not too shabby for my first time...
Now, she requests Punzel hair almost every single day...
And, how can I say no to this face?!?
Mike asked the boys to go shovel some of the snow off the trampoline one day so it wouldn't get too stretched out from the weight of all the snow. Next thing I knew, the whole family (including Viv) was outside--but Mike was the only one doing any shoveling. I saw them out the window and thought they looked so darling that I had to take a picture...
Aiden made this cute little "You rock because" sign at school for Mike & me as a Christmas present. You can write on the glass with a dry erase marker to fill in the blank. One morning over Christmas break while I was in the shower, the boys made our bed (to the best of their abilities--if you get my drift) and left this little note on it. Love those kiddos...
So, there you go! My life as viewed through a cell phone camera. I love these little moments in life! They really are the reason life is so worth living! --Lindsay



















































































No comments:
Post a Comment