Happy New Year!
New Years was pretty low key for us this year. I had to work the morning show on New Years Day, which meant a 1:30 am wake up call. Obviously, that meant staying up until midnight was pretty much out of the question for me. We decided just to go grab some dinner at the new neighborhood Italian restaurant, Bona Vita. It's in the outlet mall near our house and was delicious! We highly recommend it. And, yes, my boys are pretending to be stabbed with knives in this picture. Sigh...
After that, we came home and I headed to bed. Mike and the kids stayed up and watched a movie. I woke up at 10:00 pm to the sound of all of them downstairs counting down to the new year, so I guess they decided to ring it in with New York City and then call it a night. Haha!
The next morning, I did the morning show and then was home by 9:45 am. That meant we had the whole day in front of us with no plans! That *never* happens for our family...ever! We decided to run a few errands that needed to be done. The kids thought that sounded boring, so Connor said he would babysit and they all ended up staying home. That meant just Mike and I ran errands together. Did you hear what I said?!? Just Mike and I ran errands together! Now, I know running errands doesn't sound all that fun, but we had a blast! Being by ourselves in the car, just being able to talk to each other without hearing, "He's touching me," or "He's looking at me," or "No! Hate this movie!! Want a princess show!" was glorious!
One of the errands we ran was to switch my phone over to Mike's old iPhone. Mike got a new iPhone5s from Vivint, so he gave his old iPhone5 to me. I'm still trying to get used to it. I've only had android phones, so switching over to the iPhone has been a little challenging. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but still have to ask Mike questions about how to do things pretty regularly. Yes, I'm technologically challenged, my friends. So far, I give the iPhone a mixed review. There are some things that I think the android phones do better than the iPhone, but there are also some things that I think the iPhone does better than androids. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.
While we were out running errands, I decided to try on some Ugg Boots. I still had some leftover birthday money that I hadn't spent on anything. I've really been wanting a pair of comfy, warm boots. I've heard from so many people that Uggs are just about as comfy as they get. I always thought, "Well, they better be comfy for how expensive they are." So, I decided just to try a pair on to see if they really were as comfy as everyone said. Ummmm, hello! As soon as I stuck my foot inside, I was hooked! The bottoms are made from sheep fleece. It is so soft and warm. I didn't want to take my foot out ever again. I didn't care how much they were, I *had* to have these boots. Although I didn't need much encouragement, Mike talked me into buying them. Well okay, honey, if you insist! So, these babies belong to me now. I want to wear them all the time. It feels like I'm wearing slippers. Unfortunately, because they are knit, I can't wear them when it's raining or snowing, so I'm always hoping for sunny weather now, just so I can wear them...
That evening, we just chilled at home with the kids--watching movies & eating yummy food. We made one of our favorites for dinner--tortilla soup--so Mike made his delicious guacamole to go along with it. If I could only have five foods for the rest of my life, this would be one of them. So delish...
So, that was our New Years in a nutshell! It was low key, but a lot of fun! Happy 2014, everyone! --Lindsay







2 comments:
Oooo, love the boots Stuage! I love my Uggs... I don't wear them that often, probably because I don't want them getting dirty since they're cream colored suede, but when I do they're heavenly!
I don't think I've made it til midnight since we got married! I'm too old for that stuff! :) Looks like a fun New Year celebration!
Post a Comment