Friday, December 7, 2012

November Dates

Wow, we've had a busy couple of weeks. So much to blog about, so little time. I thought I should probably start out with our November dates, since it's now December 7th and all.

Mike and Connor got out to a late start on their date this past month, so they didn't have a whole lot of time.  They decided just to go miniature golfing in the glow-in-the-dark course.  They did have enough time to take several random goofy pictures though...


They had a good time, despite the lack of time.  Just a short, simple date.

Aiden went out with me this month.  He wanted to go to the fun center as well.  As we were waiting in line to get our hand stamps, some 20-something-year-old guys walked up to us & asked Aiden if he would like their tickets they had won playing games.  It was a huge amount of tickets!  Aiden's eyes lit up like a slot machine that had just hit a jackpot!  I told the guys that was very nice of them & asked them if they were sure they wanted to give them all away.  They replied--pointing to the prize center full of cheap toys, "We're not really interested in any of that stuff.  We just came to play the games, not win prizes.  So, we thought we'd make some kid's night by giving them away."  Boy did they ever make his night.  Look at that face...


He seriously thought he had died & gone to heaven!  We thanked the men, got our hand stamps & then went to turn in the tickets & see how many there were...


He ended up with almost 250 tickets!  We thought that many tickets might actually buy something worthwhile.  But, we thought wrong.  It bought a bunch of--what a friend of mine refers to as--LPC (Little Plastic Crap).  But, he was a happy camper...


After that, it was off to have some fun.  And, guess who got the privilege of holding all that LPC while we were having fun?  You guessed it--Mama!  I had bulging pockets all night long.  Our first activity was a game of laser tag.  I didn't take any pictures of us in our garb, but I did take a picture of Aiden afterwards pointing at our scores on the screen...


Then it was off to the Frog Hopper...


And then, of course, some rock climbing.  It wouldn't be a date with Aiden without some rock climbing...


It was a great night--made even better by the generosity of a couple of strangers.  Pretty sure Aiden will never forget those boys handing him that big wad of tickets!

Cohen went on his date with Mike this month, and it was back to the fun center again!  We really need to learn to think outside the box with these dates in 2013.  Maybe that should be our New Years Resolution.  Haha!  Mike & Cohen started with glow-in-the-dark miniature golf...


Then Frog Hopper...


Then some of the outside rides...


Yep, the outside rides were still open--at the end of November!  And, if you'll notice, Cohen doesn't even have a coat on!  It has been a very mild winter so far...not that I'm complaining.

So those were our November dates!  One more month to go & then I can say--for probably the first time in my life--that I have kept a resolution for an entire year!  Best resolution ever!  --Lindsay

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Yep, time to retire the Fun Center for 2013!