Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sweat, Determination & Singlets

Another wrestling season has come & gone!  And, the Storrs Boys continue to prove that they rock at this sport!  There were two meets this season.  Aiden took 3rd place in his weight division (against some really tough kids) in both meets and Connor held on to his reign as the king of his weight division, winning 1st in both meets.  Here's some pictures from the tournaments.  Again, I'm not the best photographer with things like this because I get so into watching the meet, that I either forget to take pictures or (when I do remember to take them) I don't take very good pictures.  Here's a few of the good ones I got.

Connor wrestling in the 1st tournament of the season...

Aiden wrestling in the 1st Tournament...
Aiden right as he pinned a kid.  Notice the refs hand that is about to slap the mat indicating the pin...
Aiden wrestling in the 2nd Tournament of the season.  That kid is almost pinned...
Connor wrestling in the 2nd Tournament.  How's that for a perfect half nelson setup...
Connor in the championship round of the 2nd Tournament...
This picture is a little blurry, but it was right when Connor pinned the kid & won the tournament, so I had to include it...
Connor showing off his 1st place medal & bracket...
Aiden with his 3rd place medal...
Both my little wrestling maniacs...
We had a lot of family come to the 2nd Tournament.  Grandpa, Grandma, Nana, Poppy & Tata all came to cheer the boys on. Afterwards, we headed to Culver's for some dessert.  I didn't take any pictures there, but we had a great time chatting & eating.  And, boy, did we ever eat!  We just ordered shakes to start with (delicious, by the way), but the owner overheard us say that it was our first time there & he kept bringing out food for us to try.  FYI, if you go there, try the Cheese Curds.  They were to die for!  We were all so stuffed by the time we left!  Great food & great service.  We loved it!  Wow...that was a slight tangent...back to the boys & their wrestling tournaments.

I'm so proud of both Connor & Aiden!  They both have natural abilities at wrestling (courtesy of their Dad who was a wrestler), but they have both worked so hard to become better wrestlers too.  They never complain about practice (or all the laps they run & the push ups their coach makes them do) & they always want to work with Mike at home.  They both just love it!  This was Connor's final year that he'll be able to do city league, but the coach of the league is thinking about starting his own club & he's invited Connor & a few other promising wrestlers to join.  If that doesn't end up happening, there's another club that meets three times a week in a nearby city that we are looking into as well.

We have definitely become a wrestling family!  And, I have definitely become one of those crazy wrestling moms that screams her guts out from the sidelines!  If you had told me 10 years ago that I would become one of those moms that yells so loud she makes herself horse the next day, I would have laughed at you until my sides hurt.  And, yet, here I am.  A crazy, loud, screaming, cheering, obnoxious wrestling mama.  Yep...that's me!  Life is funny like that!  --Lindsay

4 comments:

Poppy said...

Glad the boys are so talented, but its so hard to sit there and watch boys bend each other backwards. Glad Conner and Aiden came out on top! They're great boys!

Mary said...

That is great! Love the wrestling uniforms. Always so flattering...

Kristin and Dan said...

I am going to suggest to TLC to start a new show called "Wrestling Moms." I am sure they would cast you as their (craziest) wrestling mom.

Brittany said...

There is nothing wrong with being the Loud and Cheering mom! I bet your boys love that you get into it so much. Good Job Connor and Aiden!