Post of Randomness
I was going through the pictures on my phone the other day & found a couple of gems I thought you would enjoy.
First off, probably about a month or two ago, I was doing the lunch dishes. When I finished, I walked around the corner into the empty dining room to find it not so empty anymore...
Yes, that's Cohen's action figure collection--lining the walls of the entire room! I guess he figured if I wasn't going to fill it with furniture, he would fill it with his toys. On a side note, just in the past few weeks, this room *has* been filled with furniture--a lovely dining room set that I've been drooling over on the Bassett Furniture website for the past year. After saving my pennies & dimes, I was finally able to buy it & it was delivered at the end of November. The room is still a work in progress (slow progress), but when I have it done to perfection, I'll post some pictures. Anyway, since filling the room with furniture, no boys--nor their action figures--have been allowed back in the room.
Secondly, Saturday's are "Daddy Days" around these parts. I work a split shift on the weekends. I wake up at 4:00 am & go into work for several hours. Then I come home for the rest of the morning & early-afternoon. Usually this time is spent going to kids' sporting events, driving them to birthday parties, etc. Then in the mid-afternoon, I head back to work to do another eight hour shift until 11:00 at night. Then I get up the next morning at 4:00 am & do it all over again--just replacing the sporting events/birthday parties with church instead. As you can imagine, I can get pretty exhausted sometimes. Mike is great at picking up the pieces that I'm too tired to pick up. One of those pieces he's taken over on weekends is getting the kids dressed & ready for the day. Unfortunately, his talent of doing little girls' hair isn't fully developed yet. The result is not pretty 99.9% of the time. I give you exhibit A...
I may have referred to the the first day of the weekend as "White Trash Saturday" a time or two. Another name for Saturday that we've been considering is "Pippy Longstocking Day." I give you Exhibit B...
Something about the pigtails sticking straight out from her head (a favorite hairstyle of Mike's), plus the striped shirt, reminded me of Pippy Longstocking. But, after considering all these names, we decided "Daddy Day" encompassed them all. So, forever and always, Saturday's will be called "Daddy Day" in the Storrs' household.
Third & final random thought of the day, Vivienne's "sense of style." My boys could care less what they wear. Still to this day, I pick out all of their clothes & they rarely fight me on any of them. So, you can imagine my surprise when Miss Viv came along with an opinion about clothing from the time she was 7 months old. If you dress her in something that she doesn't want to wear, you will pay--big time! She will scream, she will cry, she will thrash her arms & legs in every direction, she will attempt to take the clothes off, then she'll scream & cry some more. She's quite the drama queen when it comes to clothes. This applies to shoes as well. I took her to Target a few months ago to find her some boots for winter. As I put on each pair of shoes, I could tell instantly which ones she liked & which ones she didn't. If she liked the boots, she would stick her legs out straight & admire the boots as she slowly moved her feet side-to-side. If she didn't like the boots, she would automatically try to kick them off. This included the cutest pair of pink cowgirl boots (with fringe mind you) that I had ever seen in my entire life. She would have nothing to do with them. And, she wouldn't stop crying until I put them both back in the box, closed the lid & set it back on the shelf. She wanted absolutely nothing to do with them. Sigh... I've already learned that I can't buy clothes when she's not with me because she has to be there to give her approval or disapproval. If I just bring something home with me & she doesn't like it, she'll never wear it. Never even give it a chance. I've tried hiding things in her closet for a few weeks & then bringing them out again. Nope--no go on that. Once she blacklists a piece of clothing, good luck ever getting it off!
With all this in mind, let me present you with a couple pictures of Vivvie's fashion sense. First of all, the towel on the head look...
She loves wearing towels on her head for some blasted reason. After getting her out of the bathtub & dressed, she insists on putting her soaking wet towel back on her head & walking around like it's a cape. She's always so proud of herself while she's doing it too. It's hilarious!
Now, here's another shot I took of her on a different day. This is the outfit she insisted on wearing. She wouldn't even consider anything else. It's a t-shirt that has a picture of a crown & the word "Princess" below it, plus a tutu skirt, and her white fuzzy boots...
What a girl! She is O-PIN-ION-A-TED! I'm pretty sure when I was praying to have a little girl, God was up in heaven laughing & saying, "Oh, Lindsay wants a girl, does she? Alright, I'll show her what a girl is like. Who's our biggest diva we have left up here? Ahhh yes, Vivienne will be just perfect! Send her down!" Yep, I'm pretty sure that's how the whole thing happened. But, I'm so glad because I love every single inch of this little girl I've been given--opinions and all!
So, there's your update on the random pictures from my phone. Actually, that's just the first update. Next up is the Christmas-themed installment of random photos. I know you'll be on pins & needles until then. Have a great day! --Lindsay










3 comments:
Haha! I love Cohen's decorating! I haven't seen that pic, its hilarious. And of course I love all the other pics of Vivvie!
LOVE random pics like this! Gives you a great taste of the everyday moments of motherhood. :) The ones that usually don't get photographed and are often long forgotten. :)
Must have taken Cohen an hour to set up all those action figures...what a kid. Regarding Viv, just remember that strong willed women run in your family!
Post a Comment