Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving was small & really low-key for our family this year. Kristin's in-laws were in town for a wedding so they had Thanksgiving with them. And, Ashlee's family went up to Greg's sisters house in Grace, Idaho. (Actually, Ashlee ended up staying home with a sick kiddo, but the rest of her family headed up there.) So, for our Thanksgiving dinner, it was just my parents & us. That didn't stop Nana from making waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much food--like usual. I guess some things never change. I told her that I thought we should just keep it simple & do just basics. She agreed, and then we ended up with all of this...
Yes, that is her idea of a simple Thanksgiving meal! She cracks me up. That picture doesn't even include my Dad's famous appetizer hot spicy tomato drink, which I love...and it doesn't include the pies either. Of course, there was tons of leftovers.
Here's our little group around the table. Poppy & Viv were there too. Poppy was the one taking the picture & Vivvie was sound asleep...
After dinner was over, I had to go into work to do the evening shows. Not exactly ideal, but I did get to spend most the day with my family before it was time to go into work. Then, I got to go eat another Thanksgiving dinner once I got there--this time with my KUTV family. Double Thanksgiving dinners = Double bonus! Channel 2 is always really great about catering food in for those of us that have to work the big holidays. It makes working on holidays just a little bit easier.
After I left for work, Nana, Poppy, Mike & all the kiddos went to the movies to see the latest Disney movie...
It was a big hit with all of them. But, how could it not be? The whole movie is about video games! So, for this family full of video game lovers, it was great!
After the movie, it was back to Nana & Poppy's house for pie, and then the fam headed home. It was a very simple--but still great--Thanksgiving!
I love this holiday & time of year. It's so great to take time out of our busy lives to really appreciate the wonderful blessings we all have been given. This year, I am--of course--so grateful for my family. I have a fabulous husband, great kids, wonderful parents and awesome sisters! Every single one of them are happy & healthy. I'm also grateful that Mike & I both have jobs that we love. In this economy, that's something we don't take lightly. I'm also so thankful to have the gospel in my life. It brings me peace everyday. And, I am most grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for his love, sacrifice & example. I hope that, someday, I can be more like Him. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, full of food, family & fun! --Lindsay









3 comments:
Thanksgiving is still the "family" holiday, although its becoming an after-thought with Christmas right around the corner. Thanks for a wonderful blog about our day together.
[b][url=http://www.bestlouisvuittonbags.co.uk/]www.bestlouisvuittonbags.co.uk[/url][/b] It is a warning sign for you if you to steer away out of this. Sellers appear to think that leaving the numbers will some how convinces the client strangely when originals you should not even have these factors at just about allBesides that printed selection tags, yet another huge indicator that whether a purse is fake or a authentic is definitely the plastic wrapped during the handles that gives an affordable search. I'm not hinting that that Louis Vuitton wholesale purses never have plastic wrappers around handles however, you can normally notify within the excellent of the plastic used.
[b][url=http://www.uggsbootsoutletmall.co.uk/]uggs boots outlet[/url][/b] Structured settlements are legitimate preparations that provide the plaintiff having a exclusive damage declare frequent payments, at times of varied quantities, over the period of time of quite a few a long time, and from time to time for the rest of the plaintiff's lifestyle. These structured settlements could also be handed on in a will to survivors in some situations in the event the plaintiff dies. If a terrible incident or injury has transpired, negligence for instance, structured settlements can be quite significant along with a continuous stream of revenue can often be predicted.
[b][url=http://www.bestlouisvuittonbags.co.uk/]louis vuitton bags[/url][/b] * Orthoscopic and Pseudoscopic Photographs: A hologram yields two photographs, a person and that is serious along with the other a virtual image which can be an exact replica in the object. On the other hand, towards the look of your observer, the two images differ in appearance. The virtual image has precisely the same visual appeal of depth as well as parallax and developed in the same place as the primary item.
[b][url=http://www.cheapuggbootswebsite.com/]cheap uggs[/url][/b] Pittie Kourtyard is really an epitome of exquisite magnificence and complete comfort. Completely exceptional in style and design and really breathtaking in conception, it provides you a lavish lifestyle with all the sophistication and level of luxurious on par with the perfect. The task has three towers comprising of two podiums, and 17 flooring each to offer you a perspective you have got generally wished.
[b][url=http://www.uggsonsalewebsite.co.uk/]uggs[/url][/b] Anytime Botticelli ended up alive now he'd often be operating for Vogue~ Sir Peter UstinovFashion and also wonderful artwork always are in shut marriage, along with modern-day artwork is simply not an exemption. That and that is additional, applying the popularization of modern artwork, the whole world involving manner turned a very good artwork function very. Luis Casablanca Migueles, the lecturer aided by the crew of Painting along with the College or faculty with Granada all over the world, the state which usually is one of the design capitals during the whole environment, consists of completed a analyze task which will analyses method getting an inventive willpower; your puppy thinks way as "a plural way, almost essentially the most necessary present-day inspired disciplines..
If anyone deserves to eat TWO Thanksgiving dinners...it is You! You are so tiny! I am glad you were able to spend time with family on this special day.
Post a Comment