Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tour of Utah

School started for Connor & Aiden today. Cohen starts tomorrow. My house is so quiet! I don't even know what to do with myself. I only have two kids to take care of until mid-afternoon! I've already done all my housework for the day, and even cleaned my dusty china--just because I could. I keep waiting for the boys, along with half the neighborhood kids, to come running in the door any minute asking for popsicles. It's so weird to not have them here! But, my purpose in jumping on here today was not to write about the 1st day of school. I still have a few more "end of summer" posts to write first. One of those posts is about the Tour of Utah...

Every year, there is a professional bike race that goes through the entire state of Utah (sort of like our version of The Tour de France).  The race is about two weeks long total.  Since my dad is a big biker--and Mike is now becoming one--we love to go cheer the riders on, and give them fresh water bottles, when they finally get up to the Wasatch Front.  I couldn't go this year because it was on a Saturday afternoon and I had to work, but Mike & my parents took the kiddos up to the race.  And Mike even remembered to take a few pictures!  Miracles do happen, folks!!!  Here are the kiddos, and Nana, waiting for the bikers--cowbells in hand...


Here they come...


Viv & her Nana waiting for the next batch of riders to arrive...


Bike races are always fun to watch, especially when the scenery is this gorgeous!  I live in a beautiful place...


It made everyone excited for LOTOJA which happens in just a few weeks. It will be Mike's first time riding it. He & my Dad are doing a relay. Hopefully, Mike survives!  --Lindsay

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Wish Mike and I were half as fast as those guys!