Seven Peaks
One of our "end of summer" activities was to head to Seven Peaks Waterpark. We get in free with our Pass of All Passes, but we hadn't made it out there yet this year so Mike took a day off work, and then we packed up the family and headed down there.
On a side note, did you know that I worked at Seven Peaks throughout high school & college? I started as a cashier, front gate operator & tube rental employee and eventually worked my way up to Customer Service Manager. I basically lived there for four summers of my life. I have lots of great memories associated with that place. But unfortunately, I was a little disappointed when I walked in the front gate. I felt like it has gone downhill quiet a bit from what it once was when I worked there. The wave pool kept breaking down all day, the artificial turf was peeling up everywhere, there were strange odors from time-to-time, and it just didn't feel very clean. It made me really sad. That place was immaculate when I worked there. But, despite the not-so-good changes, we still had a fun day. Here's Connor at the end of his ride down the Vortex...
Sadly, that was the only action shot I got all day. Mike & I took turns going down the slides with the boys all day, while the other parent stayed with Cohen & Vivvie...and you really can't take a digital camera on a waterslide--hence the lack of pictures.
We did get some pictures at lunch--which, by the way, we had to eat outside the park. Apparently, you can't take your own food into the park anymore. That's a change from when I worked there--and a lame change at that. So, we had a little picnic on the grass right outside the front gates. Several other families were camped out there too. Here's the boys eating their ding dongs...
Viv was an obvious fan too...
Same with Cohen...
After lunch, Mike, Connor & Vivvie left to drop Connor off to Mike's parents so they could take him on a little trip to San Francisco. I'll have more on that in my next post--but let's just say that he is a very lucky boy & I might have been slightly jealous that he got to spend four days in one of my favorite cities. But, more on that later. While they were gone, Aiden, Cohen & I had fun going on some of the more mellow slides & hung out in the kiddie & wave pools.
When Mike & Viv got back from dropping Connor off, we spent a few more hours at the park & then called it a day...
Overall, it was fun. There were lots of things about the park that disappointed me compared to how it once was, but we were still able to have a good time. We just made sure we showered really well when we got home. Haha! --Lindsay






1 comment:
We are headed there today. I'm a tad nervous as I've heard this same type of review from other friends too. But the kids are begging and we have the pass.
BTW- I recently went private on my blog- I was getting a ton of views from Russia and I don't know anyone there! I didn't have an email address for you. But if you would like an invite, just shoot me an email at jahertzler@gmail.com.
Post a Comment