July Dates
Well, here we are in the middle of August & I'm finally getting around to posting about our July dates. One of these months, I'll actually post about our dates the same month that they actually happen...just not this month.
Last month, Connor went on his date with Mike. They went down to the Orem Trafalga. They had grand plans of doing the batting cages, go carts, etc. Well, Connor wore his sandals & apparently you can't wear open toed shoes on any of the things they wanted to do. So, instead the went to one of the XD movies they have there (where your seat moves to make you feel like you're part of the movie) and then they went miniature golfing on the glow-in-the-dark course. The only pictures Mike took of their date are the three blurry pictures you see below...
Yep, that's all I got. From what I heard, they had a good time--even though they didn't end up doing what they had planned.
Aiden went on his date of the month with me. He wanted to go to the fun center by our house. We started with some miniature golfing...
He's such a poser...
See what I mean...
After miniature golfing, we headed inside so he could climb the rock wall 39 times...
After what was probably his 23rd climb, one of the employees came over to tell him that it was probably time to let someone else have a turn with his harness. Aiden whipped out his charm & seriously started flirting with this girl...
And, wouldn't you know it, he got to keep climbing...
I'm in serious trouble with this one when he's a teenager! After climbing, we rode the Frog Hopper a few times...
Then finished the night with Laser Tag. I think the last time I played Laser Tag was on a date while I was at BYU--probably 13 years ago. If I remember correctly (which of course I do), I pretty much rocked that game of Laser Tag. So, I was excited to prove to the world that I still had my mad Laser Tag skills in tact. Well, wouldn't you know it, my gun wouldn't work. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I could aim right at someone's vest & couldn't kill them. Finally, toward the end of our game, I realized that my gun's laser wasn't working. My gun was making the sound effects of shooting, but not actually shooting. Lame. Well, I have next time to prove how awesome I am at a game of Laser Tag. Because I am.
Cohen went on his date with Mike this month. They headed over to the fun center too. They started with a round of miniature golf on the indoor glow-in-the-dark course...
Then headed outside to do some of the rides. I love Cohen's face in this picture...
And, those were the only two pictures Mike took of their date. As you can tell, Mike is not the best at remembering to take pictures. See, Mike is basically my oldest child. And--like any child--when he's having fun, all he thinks about is how much fun he's having. The thought of pulling out the camera to document these moments of fun rarely crosses his mind. Hence, the lack of pictures on his dates as compared to mine. Oh well!
So, those were our dates for the month of July. I'm so glad that we have started this tradition & are sticking to it. It's so fun to get one-on-one time with each of our boys! --Lindsay









No comments:
Post a Comment