June Dates
Our dates during the month of June were all really fun! I took Connor out this month, and guess what? We didn't go bowling! Hallelujah! Actually, going bowling wasn't even an option for Connor since I've personally banned him from bowling for an entire year. So, we went miniature golfing instead. We went to Trafalga in Orem this time. I took all of the kiddos there over Spring Break (yes, all FOUR kiddos by myself...it wasn't pretty) and we played one of the miniature golf courses a few months ago. Since then, Connor's been talking about wanting to go back and try the other course, so that's where we headed. They were sooooooo busy on the night we went. In fact, they were out of golf clubs & we had to wait for someone to finish their game in order to get some. So, what do you do when you're standing around waiting for 20 minutes? You take random pictures of course. I think Connor looks like an Abercrombie model in this one (except he's actually wearing clothes)...
Can't you tell how excited he is to have his mama hugging him in public?
I'm golf ball man...
Mickey Mouse...
Who says you can't make a snowman in June?
Connor also made up a little game where he would let his golf ball roll down the bars that are supposed to hold the golf clubs (when they're not all taken) and then catch it when it got to the end. Pretty simple game, but it kept him occupied for a few minutes...
Finally, we got some clubs and did some golfing...
After finishing our golf game, we decided to go visit Nana & Poppy. Their house was only about five minutes away, so why not? While we were visiting with them, Mike called and asked us to go to Home Depot & pick up some stuff that he needed for the sprinkler system. One of the things he needed was some PVC pipe. What he didn't mention was that Home Depot only sells it in a 15 foot length. Connor & I looked pretty awesome carrying this baby through the store...
I'm sure we also looked awesome trying to squeeze that thing into our little Fusion too. I was cursing myself for not bringing the Tahoe. Luckily, PVC pipe bends. We put the entire backseat down and stuck one end all the way from the truck up to the dashboard. Then we bent the pipe and stuck the other end up to the front as well. At that point, we were finally able to close the trunk. So, this is how we drove home. Nice, huh?
It was such a fun date! Connor & I had a great time. We basically laughed the entire time.
Aiden went on his date with Mike this month. He wanted to head back to the fun center by our house. He started on the very popular Frog Hopper...
Then moved on to the rock climbing wall...
Mike said he climbed almost every section of the wall...
He loves to rock climb, and he loves repelling down too...
After rock climbing, it was on to the outdoor rides. Aiden couldn't wait to get back on the bumper boats...
And, man oh man, did he & Mike ever get drenched. I thought I was soaked when I went with him, but my drenching was nothing compared to this...
After getting soaked, they decided to go freeze their butts off in the indoor glow-in-the-dark miniature golf course...
They obviously had a fun, and very soggy, date.
Cohen went on his date with me this month. He wanted to go bowling. He has never been bowling before (well, unless you count the time we went when he was a baby...or the time I went bowling the night before he was born when I put myself into labor a month early), and I wasn't sure if he would like it or even be able to do it since he's so little. But, he was beyond excited about it, so off we went...
Bowling shoes are actually pretty cute when they are this little...
We got Cohen a ramp to roll the ball down the alley. I would position it for him & then he would carry his ball up & put it on. I offered to do carry his ball for him since it weighed close to a 1/3rd of what he weighs, but he insisted on doing it himself...
Then he'd push the ball & watch what happened...
He did so great! He got a couple spares & even a strike!! And, as you can see by the scores, he beat the socks off his mama...
He loved bowling & says he can't wait to go again!
So, those were our June dates. Our July dates are already underway, so I'll update you about those soon. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm sure it will be the middle of August before you get an update on those! --Lindsay






1 comment:
I love your monthly dates--so fun! Glad you and Connor had a good time this month without any tears. :) OP always beats me at bowling, too. Stinkers.
Post a Comment