Friday, July 27, 2012

Aiden's T-Ball Season

Aiden's t-ball season came to an end a couple of weeks ago.   It was kind of nice that his season didn't start until after Connor's season ended because if they had been going on at the same time, I would have never left the ballpark.  However, because it started right after Connor's season ended, it felt like baseball season went on FOR.EV.ER.  We've been going to 1-2 (sometimes even 3 or 4) baseball games each week since the beginning of April.  That's a LOT of baseball!

Aiden had a great season.  He tried his hardest every game & really enjoyed it.  Here's his official picture for the season...


And here he is with his team.  Yes, my child is the one with the weird expression on his face...


Aiden's coach ended up being a guy that I went through the journalism program with at BYU.  He was my editor during the one (and only) semester that I wrote for The Daily Universe (BYU's school paper).  Small world, eh?

Here's some pictures of Aiden's last game of the season.  Yes, it was the only game I remembered to bring my camera.  Here he is batting...


And fielding a ball...


And running to 2nd base...


He did great every game!  This was a big improvement over last year when he was more interested in wearing his mitt as a hat & pulling grass out of the field.  Yay!

While he played, we all chilled out & cheered him on from the sidelines--oh, and of course took random pictures of each other...



Connor discovered the art of prank calling.  He found out it doesn't work so well now that there is this niffy thing called "Caller ID"...


Here's the team doing an end-of-game cheer...



Aiden getting his participant's medal...


Yep, he's #1...


So now, we are officially done with baseball games for awhile!  To tell you the truth, I was glad to see the end of the season come.  I know by winter I'll be longing for those long, lazy evenings at the ball field--but right now, it's just nice to not have to run to games or practices all the time.  Nice season, Aiden!  Way to go buddy!  --Lindsay

1 comment:

Poppy said...

Never wish your summer away...winter will be here soon enough. Yuck!