Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Guess Who Finally Decided to Walk?!?

Well, a few weeks ago (toward the end of June), Vivvie finally decided to see what the world was like on two legs...


She was my earliest baby to crawl, and my last to walk.  Go figure!


I guess her timing is appropriate though.  Connor started walking at 13 months; Aiden started at 14 months; Cohen at 15 months; and Viv at 16 months.  So, I guess she was just keeping the pattern of later & later walkers going...


Since the photos don't really showcase her new talent all that well, here's a video of her walking as well.  Just ignore her crazy brothers screaming in the background.  It's never quiet around this house...



I love this little gal...



She is so opinionated & will only do what she wants to do.  No amount of bribery or forcing will get her to do anything.  SHE has to be the one that decides if she wants to do something or not.  Walking was no different.  Anytime we would try to get her to walk, she would instantly just fall down.  We tried bribing her with things.  We tried picking her back up every time she fell down to crawl.  Nothing worked...except her deciding on her own to walk.  Most moms dread the day that their babies start walking.  I always look forward to it.  My kids always seem so much happier once they can walk.  I think it makes them feel more secure to be by themselves for a few minutes because if they want to come find me, they finally have the ability to get up & just come find me.  It gives them more freedom & it gives Mom & Dad a little more freedom as well.  So, we're all loving the fact that Vivvie has decided to try out the world on two feet.  Way to go baby girl!  --Lindsay


5 comments:

LeAnn said...

Awww cute!

Paul/Heather said...

SO AWESOME! I WISH my babies would wait that long. Both Isaac and ben walked at 9 months and eli doesnt seem to be planning on slowing down this event. I am jealous!! and she is SO cute!

Kasey Lighten said...

Jake didn't walk until 17 months! We used to tease that he would be the only kid "crawling" into Nursery! :)

Kristy said...

Woo-hoo!!! E didn't walk until 17 1/2 months...I kind of miss her silly little gorilla crawl. :)

Poppy said...

Now, she needs to learn another Storrs family tradition: wrestling!