Amies Toujours
My mom has a great group of friends from high school that are still really close with each other. Shortly after high school, they created a club called "Amies Toujours" which means Friends Forever in French. They still get together with each other several times a year. On one of their last get togethers, some of my mom's friends mentioned that they thought it would be fun to come to Channel 2 & watch a show live. Then one of the other girls said that they thought it would be fun to make it a Mother-Daughter activity. After that, my mom called me & asked if it would be a possiblity, and we set it up. We were able to do it on a day that I was already working, and it was a lot of fun. Here we all are sitting at the newsdesk after the show ended...
After that, I gave them a tour of the station. Here we are on the kitchen set...
And at the weather wall. I was showing the girls how we know where to point when someone decided to take this picture. Since I was in front, they told me just to crouch down a little. The result is this lovely little gem...
My sweet sista & I sitting at the desk...
Here's everyone at the Assignment Desk. This is sort of the Grand Central Station of the newsroom. This is where all news comes into the newsroom. The people who sit here listen to police scanners & look at other news gathering tools, take phone calls from viewers, etc. Notice the banners...KUTV was #1 again for the 5th straight sweeps period. We have been the #1 station in Utah now for over a year. And, this time around, we had more viewers than KSL & ABC4 combined. Sorry, just had to throw that in. Winning is fun...
After the tour of the newsroom, we all went to eat at Biaggi's...






5 comments:
So fun!
That is a fun experience! I did it a long time ago! I bet Channel 2 is #1 because of you!!
It was a lot of fun, thanks for hosting us all!
How come the guys weren't invited?
You DO have a cool job. We loved our tour of the studio. OP still talks about it and gets excited every weekend when he sees you on TV. :)
Post a Comment