Do You Like Green Eggs & Ham?
Last year for St. Patrick's Day, I made my kids "Green Eggs & Ham" for breakfast. Ever since then, my boys have been asking when it was going to be St. Patrick's Day again simply because they wanted Green Eggs & Ham for breakfast again.
When I woke them up this morning, the first thing out of Connor's mouth was, "Are we having Green Eggs & Ham for breakfast?" I was a mean mom & pretended that I had forgotten about making them. I said, "Oh, I'm sorry bud! I forgot." He was actually pretty understanding & said, "Well, maybe we can have it for dinner tonight then." I just simply replied with, "Maybe." You can imagine their surprise when they came downstairs & saw this sitting on the table...
Yes, I got up at 6:30 this morning to make their beloved Green Eggs & Ham for them...and when you are as sleep-deprived as I am right now, that is some serious dedication & love! As you can see, I figured out how to turn the ham green this year too. I think it was someone who commented on last year's post that suggested I try turning butter green & then frying the ham in it. As you can see, it worked great! It's not very healthy, but it worked! The kiddos loved it...






7 comments:
As we were participating in what has become our St. Pat's tradition of waking up to see what "Lucky the Leprechaun" left for us, I thought about you guys, and wondered if you were having green eggs and ham!
That green ham doesn't look very appetizing, but such a fun idea!
I wondered this morning if you'd be eating green eggs and ham for breakfast today! It turned out great - good job, sista! I'm sure it was much yummier than my instant oatmeal I ate this morning! :)
Cute! and GO YOU! I couldn't drag my butt out of bed at 6 am if I was paid. And I didn't just have a baby.
you're such a cute mommy! I may have to attempt this next year... Thanks for sharing!
You are seriously like the best Mom ever! I don't have a brand new baby and I still don't get up at 6:30 to make them all green food! You just Rock!!!
What a cute idea! LOVE it! I just might have to borrow it for Dr.Suess's birthday next year.
Nice! You know what I did for St. Patty's? Nothing! Maybe next year? :)
Post a Comment