Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Still NOT a Boy!!!

I had another ultrasound on Friday. I was scared to death that I was going to go in there & they were going to tell me that this baby wasn't a girl after all. I could just hear the ultrasound tech saying, "What? They told you this was a girl? Well, they obviously messed up because this baby CLEARLY has an extra appendage between it's legs."

I was relieved when I saw that Robyn would be doing my ultrasound. Robyn is a friend of my moms. Well, actually, she's the little sister of my mom's childhood best friend. Robyn did my ultrasounds with both Aiden & Cohen. You can tell she really knows what she's doing. When she told me that both Aiden & Cohen were boys, I had no doubt in my mind that she was correct because she's been doing it for so long & she ALWAYS gets it right.

The gal who did my last ultrasound was fairly young. I had no idea how many ultrasounds she had done during her short career or what her track record was thus far. I think because of this, I was a tad hesitant to really let myself believe that this baby was a girl. I DID start buying things for her & for her nursery, but I was always sure to ask what the return policy was "just in case."

Anyway, so when we first went into the room, Robyn (who knows that we have 3 boys) asked what we were having. I told her that we were having a girl, or so we had been told. I asked her if she would mind looking one more time for me, just to give me a second opinion. She said, "Hop up on my table and we'll look there first!"

She gooped me up & then started looking around. She got "down there" and said in a sad tone, "Oh Lindsay..." My heart sank! Oh my gosh! It really WAS a boy! I looked at her & said, "What? Just tell me."

Then she smiled & said, "It's DEFINITELY a girl! I just wanted to play with you a little bit...sorry."


Part of me wanted to hug her and another part of me wanted to punch her in the arm really, REALLY hard.

After that, we took a look at the rest of Baby Girl. Here's a cute picture, although it's not as cute scanned as it is in real life. This is Baby Girl's profile, with her hand up by her forehead & a foot curled up by her hand...


Here's her face...


Her arm & hand...


And a cute little foot picture...


She looks healthy & happy! We were able to see a lot of her organs & Robyn said she looks perfect in every way! Nothing makes a mama happier than to hear those words!

She also said that Baby Girl is actually kind of chubby! This also made me really happy because I've always wanted to have a chubby baby! My boys were all so tiny (ranging from 5 1/2 lbs. to 6 1/2 lbs) so a chubby baby with fat rolls sounds good to me.

Robyn then went on to say that she could see HAIR on top of the baby's head! She said that if a baby has hair at 28 weeks, they are usually born with a full head of hair! This made me laugh because my boys were all born with just an itty-bitty bit of hair. It was jet black & all fell out within the first week...rendering them bald until they were at least 6 months old! I was the same way as a baby. My mom would stick bows on my head with that baby jelly stuff they had in the 70s, so that people wouldn't think I was a boy. Mike, on the other hand, has always been blessed with a, shall we say, "plethora" of hair. It has been our long running joke that, since our boys look so much like me (with the blond hair and pale skin), that any girl of ours would come out looking just like Mike...dark & hairy! Haha! So, I guess we'll see when she gets here in about 12 weeks.

Also, the whole reason for having this ultrasound was to determine if I had Placenta Previa or not. We got great news in that department. The placenta is no longer covering my cervix & a normal delivery should be possible! YAY! That made me a happy girl!

Okay, many of you have been asking what we are going to name her. Well, we've finally come up with a name that we are 99% sure we will be using. So, without further delay, here it is...


I knew that I wanted to use Anne as a middle name. It's my middle name & it's my mom's middle name too. The first name was pretty hard to come up with. You'd think that after having so many boys, I'd have a girl name saved for this very occasion. Well, I did. But, it didn't seem right. My girl name has always been Skylar Anne. But, when it came right down to it, I couldn't bring myself to name my ONLY GIRL a boy name. It had to be something very feminine...and I was really leaning toward something vintage.

We played around with names like Olivia, Ava, Isabella, etc. but none of them seemed quite right. One night, we were in the car. Mike asked me what some of the character's names were from "Gone with the Wind" (my ultimate favorite movie of ALL time...3 hours and 51 minutes of pure bliss!) So, I started naming off some of the characters names. I said, "Well, there's Scarlett." Mike quickly responded with, "We are NOT naming our daughter Scarlett!" But then he asked, "What was the actress's name that played Scarlett?" I told him it was Vivien Leigh. He stopped for a second & said, "Hum...I kind of like that name...Vivien." I thought about it for a second & said, "Yeah, I really like it too! But, I like it spelled the French way...V-I-V-I-E-N-N-E. It makes it so cute & feminine."

I wrote it out for him & he liked it too. From that point on, it just kind of stuck. We've been calling her Vivienne, Vivvy, Viv, & just V from that day forward. Yes, I realize it is a 3 syllable first name & that her full name will be a 4 syllable name (Vivienne Storrs)...heaven forbid. But, it just seems so right that I didn't care anymore! Connor & Aiden have been calling her Vivvy & Cohen calls her "Baby Bibby" since he can't say his V's very good yet. It's super cute!

Now we just need to finish her room & I need to figure out how I'm going to make it through the last 12 weeks! This pregnancy has been so hard on my poor body! I now KNOW why God only gave me one girl. He knew I wasn't strong enough to do a girl pregnancy more than once, so he only gave me one & saved her until the very end! If this had been my first pregnancy, I would have only had ONE child...truly. So, I guess Father really DOES know best! I am still sick from time to time...and I now have some lovely varicose veins up and down both my legs! They look disgusting & are so painful! I can not describe to you how much pain I am in on a daily basis! There is so much pressure in my legs that they feel like they are going to explode! My doctor gave me a prescription for those AWESOME special panty hose that are supposed to help with the pain. But, they are mega expensive & I've found that a regular pair of tights works just as well, so that's what I've been doing. Thank goodness it is winter & not the middle of summer! I already have plans to go to Intermountain Vein Center as soon as she is born & get them all taken care of! Yay! I can't wait!

Well, there you go! Overall, good news all around! My baby is STILL not a boy. She appears to be healthy. She's chubby & will supposedly have a full head of hair in a few months. I don't have Placenta Previa. And, she has officially been named! I feel very blessed! Okay Miss Vivvy, keep cooking away & doing your thing! We're all excited to meet you come the end of February! --Mama (a.k.a. the woman you kick in the ribs ALL THE TIME)

14 comments:

Poppy said...

Vivienne is a beautiful name, but she'll be spelling it out for the rest of her life...right, Ashlee?

Whatever happened to "Lola?" (I know: you probably listened to the lyrics and realized who Lola was!)

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! And I am so super excited for you even though I don't know you and I stalk your blog (in a totally non-creepy, normal sort of way! :)

Unknown said...

I love it!!! We love having a name like Olivia that we can shorten and call Liv,Livvy, O! I am so happy for you! I am dying to see pictures of her nursery!

Amanda said...

What great news! I love the name and I love the spelling. I can't wait to see her!

Kristy said...

So glad that no new appendages have grown! :) I love the name you've picked out for her! So sorry about the varicose veins...pregnancy sure is glamorous, huh? Hang in there--you're getting close to being done!

Armstrong Family said...

WAHOO! Sorry about the discomfort though! I agree, you better post pics of that nursery ASAP! I'm sure Mike will work some major magic.
Great name and great nick names!

Kristin and Dan said...

YAY all around! So happy it's a girl, and so happy you don't have placenta previa! Wahoo!

The Johnson Family said...

Yay yay yay!! Still a girl! I LOVE the name, if we had had another girl she would have been Vivian after my grandma...Vivienne is a way better spelling, don't tell my grandma! Adorable!

Scott and Karin said...

Love it! All of it! It's so exciting for you!

TheShippenFamily said...

That is such a beautiful name!! I love the spelling too.
I can't wait to see how you decorate her nursery I am such it is going to be fabulous!!

Melanie said...

So cute! AND I'm so glad she is still a girl for you too! 12 weeks should fly by!

Jessica / Brian Bangerter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica / Brian Bangerter said...

Lindsay, I am in tears of joy reading your post about your vivienne. I am so happy for you and commend you for your patience waiting so long for your sweet baby girl. Can't wait until she makes her appearance!

Paul/Heather said...

Happy News is always GOOD!
We love you guys and GIRLS!
We agreed...Vivienne MICHEAL Storrs is more apporpriate. :)