Saturday, December 4, 2010

Festival of Trees

A few days ago, a guy at work offered me tickets to the Festival of Trees. His family wasn't going to be able to use them, so he offered them to me! For those of you that aren't familiar with it, it's an event that goes on each December here in Salt Lake. People/Companies/Church Groups decorate and donate trees, wreaths, centerpieces, etc. to the festival (usually in remembrance of a loved one that has recently passed away). Those trees are then sold at the festival and all the money goes to Primary Children's Hospital. These trees are so fun! They are decked out like you wouldn't believe...usually in some really fun & unusual themes! I remember going a few times when I was younger with my mom, sisters, aunt & cousins...but I haven't been for probably 20+ years. So, when I was offered tickets, I jumped at the chance.

I wasn't sure if the boys would like it or not, but they actually did pretty well. We mainly stuck to the Christmas trees & skipped over most the wreaths and centerpieces since the trees held their interest better. After looking at hundreds (or maybe thousands) of trees, I asked the boys which one was their favorite. They all, hands down, agreed that it was this little tiny "Toy Story 3" tree...


Sorry you can't see it very good since the boys are covering up 90% of it, but it was pretty cute. In fact, after we saw it, Cohen kept trying to make his way back to it. We would find him just wondering away from us from time to time. When we would ask him where he thought he was going he would reply with, "Go find Buzz & Woody tree." He was obsessed with this thing! It was pretty cute!

After we had seen all the trees, we HAD to buy some of the yummy treats that were for sale. We munched on cinnamon rolls, chocolate covered marshmallows, chocolate covered bananas, a giant pretzel & a LOTS of yummy fudge, with chocolate milk to wash it all down. Yes, I know we are extremely healthy people...


It was a fun (and very delicious) night! Definitely a fun way to start the holiday season! Maybe a new tradition in the making? --Lindsay

6 comments:

Poppy said...

You should have bought the Woody and Buzz tree for cohey...after all its tax-deductible!

Amanda said...

We went ot Festival of Trees on Wednesday night! (I just barely published our experience on my blog.)
We had a fun time. I think my boys liked the treats more than the trees, but like your boys, mine loved the Toy Story trees too.

Kristin and Dan said...

I guess your little tree upstairs will now have to be a Buzz and Woody tree!!! Sounds like a really fun night!

Scott and Karin said...

Scott wants you to know that he agrees with Mike about waiting several years to finish the next basement!

LeAnn said...

Looks like fun! All those trees!

BTW. 30th is probably good. Just be sure to let me know. :)

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

I am so jealous- I have always wanted to go to that. Looks like a fun time!