A Small Taste of What Motherhood is Like
Last Saturday, while I was driving home from work, Mike found out that our next door neighbors were moving. He volunteered to help them, but then realized that--since I wasn't home yet--there was no one to watch the kids. I was only about 15 minutes from home, so Mike decided to let Connor "babysit" Aiden & Cohen for a few minutes. Mike told Connor just to come next door & get him if there was a problem. Connor was so excited to "babysit". He got a bunch of toys out for Cohen to play with & started "entertaining" him. Well, apparently, after a few minutes...Cohen wasn't very happy about the "entertaining" that was taking place (can you say "overstimulation"?). He started crying...and apparently, wouldn't stop. Connor tried everything he could think of to get Cohen to stop screaming, but to no avail. Connor finally gave up on trying to make Cohen happy and started watching for me out the front window (why he didn't just walk next door and get Mike, I'll never know). Luckily, I pulled up just a few minutes later. Connor met me out at the car and said, "Mom! Cohen has been crying for like 10 hours...AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I'm going to Jaxon's house! I need a SERIOUS break!"
I busted up laughing! I can't tell you how many times I've said the exact same thing to Mike when he's walked in the front door...well, except the part about going to Jaxon's house! Jaxon might think it was a little bizarre for Connor's mom to show up on his doorstep for a "serious break". --Lindsay






13 comments:
Ha ha that is pretty funny. I can't believe how big Cocoa looks!
That is so funny! What a cute kid!
Classic! Maybe he'll have a new appreciation for his wonderful mom......well you can dream anyway, right?! Hey, I need to pick your brain on the kind of arrangements you made for DisneyWorld. We're going in April! WOOT!
So funny! Next time I'm going to Brayden's best friend's house. Then when I come home it can feel like a break.
That is hilarious--especially that he felt like it lasted 10 hours! Too funny!
Too funny. Once when I asked Ella to watch Lily she told me "No, she's not my baby"
I can't imagine why Cohen didn't like Connor's entertainment - it probably involved some wrestling with brother Aiden. Great story. Love Poppy
That's hilarious. I could use a serious break today! Maybe I will just let Gavin babysit Tyler, and I'll go see if any of my neighbors are moving. :)
That's hilarious. I could use a serious break today! Maybe I will just let Gavin babysit Tyler, and I'll go see if any of my neighbors are moving. :)
Sorry, I didn't mean to post that twice!
Your kids are a crack up! And you should go to Jaxon's house . . .he probably has cool toys and great treats! :)
Conner is such a cute kid. That is a great story. I love that the oldest in the family naturally is the next care-giver. I give Gideon the assignment to watch his brothers if I need to shower or if I need a "break". You gotta love older sons :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that screams those things (I can't take it anymore!) as soon as someone else walks in the door! Funny story!
Post a Comment