Happy Half-Birthday Coconut!
My baby is six months old! His half-birthday was on Monday! Seriously, I can't believe how fast the time has flown by! We went to his six-month checkup today & he's doing great! He's still a tiny little thing compared to other kids his age though! Here are his stats:
Length: 26" (25th percentile)
Weight: 15.0 lbs (10th percentile)
Head Circ: 42 cm (10th percentile)
So, basically, he's short & really skinny...like his mama! When the doctor was examining him, he found that Cohen had an ear infection. He asked me if he had been fussy lately & was quite surprised when I said he had just been sweet as strawberry pie! He asked me if Cohen had been sick recently. I told him that a few weeks ago, he had a horrible cough for about a week. The doctor said that the ear infection probably started when the cough started. That was 3 WEEKS AGO! YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT MY BABY HAS BEEN SUFFERING WITH AN EAR INFECTION FOR 3 WEEKS & I HAD NO IDEA!?! He hadn't shown any symptoms of having an ear infection. But, as I started thinking about it...he kind of had. He hasn't been sleeping through the night lately...waking up once or twice a night usually. I just thought he was teething or something & didn't think much of it. Also, there were several times when he would be eating, that he would randomly scream. I just thought he had a bubble & needed to burp. So, after the doc told me about the ear infection, a lot of things started making sense. But, poor Cohen! He must be a pretty tough little sucker to go through that kind of pain & not make a big deal out of it! What a sweetie!
Other than the ear infection, Cohen is doing so great! He loves to babble (very loudly...especially during church) & has the cutest little laugh in the whole world! He can roll when he wants to, but will usually lay there and cry for a little bit before doing it...hoping that someone will come do it for him. He's also learning to sit & can sit unassisted for about 5 seconds before falling flat on his face. He's coming right along...much to my dismay! I just want him to stay small (and immobile) forever! He is just so stinkin' cute! Here's more proof of said cuteness...as if you needed any more! But, nonetheless, here it is! --Lindsay






15 comments:
Happy birthday to Cohey! Love Poppy
Six months already?! How crazy! He looks stinkin cute as usual!!
He is just darling!
Wow! We're going through the exact same ear infection situation with Miles. I took him in for his 15 month check up a couple of weeks ago and the doctor asked if he'd been cranky or pulling at his ear lately. "No, not that I'd noticed." Appearently he had quite the ear infection and I had no idea. He's had a 10 day course of antibiotics, followed by two rocephin (sp?) shots, and may need a third tomorrow.
He's just been his normal, happy self. He's had trouble sleeping, but you don't normally think your child has an ear infection just because they're not sleeping well.
Maybe it's a third-born thing-- they've learned to be extra tough!
He looks so much like you. What a cutie.
He is so adorable! How can you not be mesmerized by his eyes?
You better watch out . . . he's going to figure out pretty quick that his eyes can get him just about anything . . . :)
What a cutie! Good luck with the ear infection. I hate when my kids have those. Although Tylee never has had one. Knock on wood.
What a cutie! And he must be one tough little guy for you not to have known about the ear infection. Hope he's feeling better soon.
Sorry about the six million comments. Tylee was playing with keyboard and apparently felt you needed the same comment four times.
I hate it when men conceal their pain like that! So typical! Don't worry, Aedan is like that too when it comes to ear infections, maybe it is a good sign that they aren't whiners! I always felt like I was a bad mom for not knowing but now I know better and you are a super mom so no worries there! He sure looks cute!
That's insane that he's 6 months already. And as always, he is the cutest thing on the planet. I am so excited to play with him and hold him on Sunday! Would you mind watching my two monsters the whole time, and I'll just take care of Cohen?! :)
Once, I didn't know Annicka had an ear infection until her ear drum ruptured! At least he got to the doctor before all sorts of gunk started oozing out of his ear! I felt like such a bad mom.
Post a Comment