Labor Day B-B-Q/Birthday Party
Labor Day... the
"Unofficial End of Summer". Who ever decided that Labor Day was the unofficial end of summer? Summer TECHNICALLY goes until September 20th or 21st, depending on the year...so who in their right mind is trying to end it early? Well, this year, MOTHER NATURE decided to end it early...right on Labor Day. A cold front moved through during the early morning, bringing with it rain & temperatures in the 50s & 60s. This put a little damper on my barbecue/swimming party that I had planned for the big day. Not only were we trying to send Summer out with a bang, but we were trying to celebrate Aiden's birthday too (since we're going to be in Jackson Hole on his actual birthday). This storm DEFINITELY put a crimp in my plans! Instead of eating outside on the patio, we ate our barbecue inside at the kitchen table. And instead of watching the kids swim & basking in the sunshine, we did this...
Oh, and don't forget the lovely "prizes" he picked up at the dollar store. Every person got a "prize" as they went out. Greg (who has never even played Wii Bowling before) was the winner and we were all jealous of the "grand prize"...
After the tournament, it was finally warm enough & dry enough for the kids to go outside for a little while. Aiden took advantage of the break in the weather to try out the new Razor & Lightning McQueen "space helmet" (his words) that Nana & Poppy gave him for his birthday the night before.
After playing outside for awhile, we all came back inside to blow out the candles on the cupcakes (I figured the kids would like cupcakes better than regular cake)...
And open presents. Aiden was definitely spoiled by everyone!
It actually ended up being a really fun day...despite Mother Nature's best attempts to ruin it! --Lindsay






6 comments:
Yep, it was very fun. Thanks again for having us! But please, PLEASE discourage Mike from doing arts and crafts the next time around. Seriously, I'm begging you! :)
Haha! You KNOW you want to do arts & crafts! How about something to replace your vinyl lettering! Sorry to everyone else reading this...kind of an inside joke! :)
Cohen enjoyed a lot of attention too! Love Poppy
The bracket cracks me up. Happy Birthday to Aidan. I wish I were going to Jackson Hole.
Looks like a fun birthday. I imagine the weather was especially frustrating to Aidan's Mom given her choice of careers!:) Happy Birthday Aidan!
Happy Birthday Aiden! I love the bracket idea...good thinkin' Mike!!
Post a Comment