I'm a Failure in My Son's Eyes
This is a conversation that took place when I was driving carpool the other day...
Connor: Easton, did you know that Colt's mom is a lunch lady at our school?
Easton: Yeah! That is so cool!
Connor: I wish my mom was a lunch lady!
Easton: Oh yeah, that would be cool! Then maybe you could stay and eat lunch after kindergarten!
Connor: Mom! Can you be a lunch lady at my school like Colt's mom?
Me: Probably not...I already have a job.
Connor: Yeah, but you just do the dumb weather. Why would you want to do that when you could be a lunch lady?
Looks like it's time for a switch in the old career path! Danelle, do you have any openings? :) --Lindsay






9 comments:
WOW! and I thought most kids would think that it was cool that their mom was on TV!!
I will switch the pay check with ya..hehehe... but I would not give up the kids... I love my job, mostly due to the kids and the joy they bring me.
I enjoy trying to teach them how to eat a good balanced meal..and watching them grow up each day.
Thanks Lyns...But I think you have a pretty awesome job!!!
That's just too funny Lindsay. When I was a kid we thought the lunch lady wasn't all that cool. Apparantly we were wrong! We'll have to let Danelle know how super sassy she is...wow, who'd of thought?
All the lunch ladies I knew growing up were over 65 and round and not known for their social skills. Apparently the stereotype is now the Soccer Mom (or Hockey Mom if from Alaska). I think Connor's problem is that he grew up thinking everyone's mom is on TV, so its no big deal! Love Poppy
We also used to think lunch ladies were not cool. Probably because of the hairnets. Well, I"m sure someday he will sit back in awe of your career!
Don'tcha just love how humbling being a mom can be? Too funny!
I remember helping the lunch ladies in elementary. I thought it was the coolest thing.
Thank goodness for school lunches. YUM YUM.
Connor cracks me up! Geez, Lindsay! Why on earth did you work so hard to get where you are in your career?! Didn't you know your kids want you to be a lunch lady? Funny--next year he'll probably be mortified if you ever come into the school with him!
We gotta love our kids, that one is definatly for the books!
Post a Comment