Happy "Mantastic" Birthday Nana!
My mom's birthday was yesterday, so we had a big party at the Mayan. What better way to celebrate than with the family, some great mexican food & some good-looking divers. What? Who stuck that last one in there? I would NEVER look at a half-naked, extremely buff man in a small loin cloth! Nope...never! :) Mike you are MUCH hotter & MUCH stronger than any of those puny men! Anyway, back to the dinner...
We had a blast! Although some of the kids were a little scared of the "thunder & lightning" and the king of the mayan divers--basically a guy wearing a freaky-looking mask & head piece with body paint all over him. There was also some psycho "catwoman" thing that kept walking past us with her little bongo drum. We tried to tell the kids that it was a "kitty kat", but I don't think they bought it. Too bad it wasn't the hot divers that kept walking past our table! Now that would have been some good entertainment! What? Where did that come from? Darn little devil on my shoulder! Anyway, back to dinner...
The only downside to the night was that it took about an hour-and-a-half to get our food! And, it wasn't like the place was packed or anything...there were empty tables all over the place. I guess, if you're trying to look at the bright side of things, it gave us more time to look at the half-naked men. What? Did I bring them up again? I'm so sorry! Back to dinner...Once we finally got our food, it was DELICIOUS! I had the carne asada soft tacos & they were scrumptious...just like something else I know...okay, okay, by this point you probably know too...so I won't bring them up! Everybody seemed to enjoy their food, so I think dinner was a success. After dinner, the servers came over and sang some random birthday song to Nana. She was THRILLED about that! Let me tell ya! Maybe if you-know-who had sang it, she would have enjoyed it a little more. What girl wouldn't want a clan of loin cloth-clad ripped men singing to her? Come on? Maybe we should have put that on our customer service survey?!? Sorry! Moving on...
Anyway, it was a fun night! All 2 1/2 hours of it--even though only about 20 minutes of that time involved eating. It's a good thing this place had something pretty to look at! What? That time I was talking about the waterfalls! I promise! Happy Birthday Mom! We love you! (I love you too Mike! I promise!) :) --Lindsay






4 comments:
Poor Mike... Maybe he needs to buy a loin cloth just for you!
I think they need girl divers...those guys didn't do anything for me. It was a fun evening...thanks for coming Linz, Mike, Con and Bubby (also Greg, Sosh, Gavy and Ty). Love Poppy
hhhmmmm i have a skank for a sister, don't i?!
this young guys are hot.. i love this place...but leave my old farty husband home. try it..lots more fun..ha-ha...eye-candy and good food...heaven
Post a Comment