A Chinese Kind of Night!
The night I'm referring to happened last Saturday. However, I haven't had a single second of extra time this past week to write about it. But, I have a few minutes right now, 24 to be exact, to tell you all about it...so here we go.
The night started with Mike's goodbye party from his job at Chang. Mike actually started his new job with ATK earlier that week, but that was the soonest date that everyone could get together. Where did we go? Jasmine of course! It wouldn't be a Chang party without a little sushi! It was a fun night! I was sad to say goodbye to people that have become like family to us...especially Richard (that's Mike's old boss). He came up and gave me a big hug and said (in his cute little Chinese accent), "Lindsay...this is not goodbye! We still family...we always be family!" He almost made me cry! Then he went on to say, "Lindsay...if Mike give them (meaning ATK) trouble...and they kick him out...he come back and work for me!" He's so funny! We just love him to death! Sorry there's no pictures! I left the camera in the car and didn't even think about it until we were pulling out of the parking lot!
From the sushi party, we went to the Sandy Amphitheatre to see a Chinese Acrobats show with my family. These acrobats were OUT OF CONTROL! I never knew that a human backbone could bend in about 7
different directions and that 12 glass goblets could be balanced on top of one's forehead while climbing up two ladders that are balanced on a see saw! It was all pretty incredible! 
I was a bit concerned though...Aiden (remember...he's my wild child) was a little too into the whole thing! I could almost see the wheels turning in his little 21-month-old head as he thought, "Hum...I wonder how I can do that at home!" Anyway, it was a fun night! How could it not be when sushi & acrobats are involved!?! --Lindsay






2 comments:
excuse me, why is there no thank you to ta-ta at the end of this one? i took these pictures too ya know! and it took my precious time to e-mail them to you as well! i am like a photographic acrobat! haha
I still bet Aiden is thinking how to get those chairs on top of the table first. Maybe if he could talk more, he could convice Connor to do it for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Aiden does it eventually. He's one focused little kid! Love Poppy
Post a Comment