Top 15 of '15
Time for my recap of the year! Man, this year flew by!! I have no clue where it went, and I'm afraid each year will probably just get faster and faster as the kids continue to grow up. Here's our top 15 things of 2015:
#15: Buying Our Baby Grand Piano
I've wanted a piano for the past five or six years. When we bought this house, I decided that the front room would be a perfect "piano room". It's supposed to be a formal living room, but it's pretty small, so you can't put much furniture in there. I decided way back then that--at some point--I'd save up enough money to buy a baby grand and redo this room. Well, that point finally came. The room turned out beautiful. I show you the finished product in my next post...
#14--Real Salt Lake Games
We love going to Real games! Nana and Poppy are nice enough to share some of their tickets with us sometimes, so we can go cheer on our favorite MLS team...
#13--Playing Tourists in Our Hometown
This past year, we've tried to do a few fun touristy things around Salt Lake City. People visit this city from all over the world, but because we have it in our backyard, we don't take advantage of it as much as we should. So, we tried to go do some of the stuff that a tourist would do if they came here for a vacation (minus the skiing because I stink at it big time). We visited the State Capitol Building, which looks a lot like the U.S. Capitol--just on a much small scale...
We went to Temple Square and went through the Visitors Centers...
We went to City Creek to play and shop...
We rode on Trax...
We went to the planetarium...
We got soaked in the City Creek splash pad...
And spent a day at the zoo...
If you haven't done this in your hometown, I highly recommend it. It was a lot of fun to visit all these places, even some we had never been to before.
#12--Vivvie Started Dancing
Viv started a dance class at the beginning of the year, and was able to participate in her first recital in December. She loves it, and loves all her cute dance friends too...
#11--Spent a Day at Lagoon
We always love to spend a day each summer at our local amusement park, roasting our butts off and getting in a few thrills...
#10--Family Reunion in Fairview
When I was growing up, we'd always go down to Fairview for the 24th of July, which is Pioneer Day here in Utah. A couple of my mom's cousin's decided to recreate one of our favorite childhood memories by planning a family reunion down there on July 24th. We went to the town parade, visited the museum where my great-grandpa's artwork is on display, and ate a yummy barbecue. It was really fun to relive some fun memories, and see some people I hadn't seen in over a decade...
#9--Connor Goes to Scout Camp
Connor went to scout camp for the first time this year. Mike even went with him for a couple days. He was able to earn five merit badges while there, and had a lot of fun with his patrol as well...
#8--Connor's Trip to Denver
Connor spent a week in Denver with his grandparents. They went to lots of fun places all week long...
#7--LOTOJA
Mike and Poppy competed in LOTOJA again this year, and did great...
#6--Mike Turns 40!!
Mike turned 40-years-old this year. To celebrate, I threw him a surprise party with about 50 of our closest friends. He was shocked!! He seriously had no clue...
#5--Fall Break in Moab
We spent a long weekend in Moab for Fall Break this year. We did many of our normal activities, but also spent a morning off roading in this big ol' unimog...
#4--Cohen as Little Leo
Poppy was able to arrange for Cohen to be Little Leo for one of Real's games. He got to hang out with Big Leo, hold a flag and run around the field, and he got his name on the big screen too. Such a neat experience for him...
#3--Soccer Lessons from the Pros
Poppy also arranged for the boys to be able to go to a "soccer training camp" taught by the Real players. These kiddos are pretty lucky. How many kids can say they got pointers from the pros?
#2--Our Trip to Disneyland
We spent a week at Disneyland in June with Nana and Poppy. It was such a fun trip!! This was our first trip to Disneyland without a baby. It was so much easier--and so much more fun! We had a blast...
#1--Vivvie Starts Growth Hormone Injections
The most important thing that happened this year was that Viv got to start on her daily growth hormone injections. We were trained and began giving them to her on January 15, 2015. She has responded so well to the treatments and is growing like a weed. Can't wait to see how tall we can get her...
So, those are our Top 15 of '15! I love doing this each year!! It gives me the opportunity to look back on the previous year and pick my favorite things. As I look at all these amazing things, I realize, again, just how blessed we are. It can get hard when you're in the day-to-day craziness of life to see just how wonderful your life is. But, if you'll take the time to look--especially over the course of an entire year--you really realize that life is soooooooo good! --Lindsay






No comments:
Post a Comment