The Piano Room
When we first moved into our house, almost six years ago, I had big plans for the front room in my house. It's a small room. So small, in fact, that we could only fit a little furniture in there. It wasn't big enough for our whole family to sit in, so it only got used when my visiting teachers would come to visit...
I decided--way back when we moved in--that this room would be the perfect piano room. I had always wanted my kids to take piano, and this room gave me the perfect excuse to start saving for the baby grand. Well, back in August, I finally got it and we started re-decorating the room. Here's how it turned out...
I wanted to make this room a little more elegant, but I didn't want people to be scared to sit down in it, so I guess I was going for a casual elegance. I also wanted to brighten the room up, but painting wasn't really an option, unless I wanted to paint my entire house, because there really wasn't a good place to stop the paint because we have rounded corners everywhere. So, instead, we did this white accent wall, and white crown molding. The wall is sort of like board and batten, but a little more formal. The wall was also in response to the top of the piano covering up a large section of the wall. I didn't feel like I could hang artwork on that wall because the piano would cover part of it. So, an accent wall seemed like the perfect solution. It brightened the entire room up, and it made the wall visual appealing without the needing to see all of it. Mike did the wall himself, and he did it beautifully!
I'm very happy about how the room turned out. It's one of the first things people see when they walk into the house, and now I feel like it really makes a statement. I'm glad my big plans for this little room could finally work out. --Lindsay







2 comments:
Love it Lindsay!
It looks so great!
Post a Comment